summer heat.. does your A/C work?

THe_DeTAiL3R

Does your A/C work?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your A/C work?

• YES, it's ice cold!
    • Somewhat... it leaks or needs to be charged.
    • Nope. Probably cost too much to fix.
    • It doesn't HAVE A/C (or I removed it)

Just wondering how many people have working A/C. I thought my car just needed a charge when I bought it (the weather was cold outside to it sorta felt like it was blowing colder air) but hence it doesn't work. Neither of my GPs have had working air. :x

the a/c used to work in the z34, then i smashed the condensor in my wreck, and i haven't got around putting in my new one and rechargeing it yet.

Cutlass's refridgerant leaked last year :x I have to find and plug the leak somehow then either get some Freeze-12 or convert ro R134a..

Guest Anonymous

The RPE's AC is shot. The sedan's worked fine after getting it fixed.

I'm tempted to piss more money into it and get the AC fixed, becuase i'm taking it on vacation for a few weeks, and driving to the beach without AC is NOT going to be fun.

Hell yeah, all 3 of my cars have ICE COLD AC! Every car we've owned in the last 4 years has had excellent AC (well except for the 95 GP, but I would've fixed it had I kept the car longer.)

My Regal with it's "large" 6 cyl gets better gas mileage with the AC running than my 4-banger Classic Malibu does (hell, even the Impala gets better mileage than the Classic.) I'm sure alot of that has to do with the way I drive, though :lol: ...

Guest TurboSedan

Cutlass - no, i removed it. it used to work though

GTS - nope, never even had a belt on it. it might work though

SSE - blows VERY cold. i start driving that car again tomarrow and it will be nice to have AC again. it's been around 85-90 all week!

the a/c works in my w-body, but not in my Mustang, or our Achieva - the two cars which we drive all the time...

I answered yes on the poll, because I'm assuming you want to know 'bout the W more then anything else.

--Dave.

The 5 Speed TGP is getting low I noticed. It used to freeze you out, but the past couple times I've used it lately it's lost it's coolness.

The Samurai is 2 cans low. It's getting recharged w/ Freeze12 here soon.

Jess's TGP had a bad compressor when we bought it. We replaced it and charged it w/ Freeze 12 and it works great now.

my lumina was wicked cold. you could see fog coming out of the vents, and condensation was forming it was so cold.

GTPs works fine, but like i said, 5@55 is the way to go :)

Little off topic...but it seems like alot of ppl that have no working a/c say its the compressor...

how reliable is the compressor on our cars...I realize my car is now 15 years old, and stuff doesn't last forever, but again, it seems like the compressor is something that breaks frequently...

I know my compressor makes so much freakin noise it is embrassing in stop and go traffic because it is continually kicking in and out....and in winter when I have the defrost on, the compressor is going all the time which makes noise all winter lol..

Anyway...thought I'd ask

5@55 is the way to go :)
We always used to call it "Four-Sixty Air." As in 4 windows down, 60 MPH (or I suppose you could say "Two-Sixty" in a 2-door car...)

5@55 is the way to go :)
We always used to call it "Four-Sixty Air." As in 4 windows down, 60 MPH (or I suppose you could say "Two-Sixty" in a 2-door car...)
and that cuts your fuel economy way down too :lol: