A serious what is my car worth thread...

Euro

As some of you know its getting time to sell my Euro.

So, you can click on my www button below for a full "listing" on my car.

but for you lazy people, here is some basic stuff

-112k miles

-3.1 4T60-E

-runs awesome, very reliable...sounds great :twisted:

-lotsa new parts in the last 2.5 years

-only thing it needs is a possible PS pump and 2 tires(no didnt do burnouts, looks like the older guy before me didnt replace 4 tires at once)

car is in VERY good condition inside and out(some fellas here can vouge for me right??) :D

also needs front brakes, which i will do before i sell it....car makes no noises, shakes, rattles on the road...very smooth

again a full description is on my cardomain via clicking my www thing

what do you think i should get for it??(but keep in mind around here, these cars sell for more than they're worth)

well, its a 94, with 112, wich isnt too much, and the body is good, interior is good, motor is good, id say at least 3-4k mabye a but less, but definatly 3k

That would fetch about $1500-2000 here. It has nothing to do with how nice the car actually looks, it's that it's an 11-year-old W-body with over 100,000 miles. Even though your car looks like it came off the showroom floor, it can't overcome the fact it's just another W-body.

You could probably get $3200Cdn for it around here...she looks beautiful, but like everyone else says she is older...and is just another W.

That's why I'm driivng my car until something blows up...then probably crush it lol

good luck with the sale

Well heres an axample of what we would get for a car here,

1994 beretta

2dr, 6cyl, 78kmi, teal, auto, extra winter tires, EC, no rust, well maint, $3000 Hannacroix, NY (518) 966-8131 (518) 244-2020

I know not the same but its an idea of what you could get, BTW thats in the local Want ad

Someone could buy it and not know its a ''w-body''. They might pay a high price becuase it looks good. I'm going to say around here he'd get 4500-5000.

Nice car man, she looks nice :D

Around here you'd probably see it at a dealer for about 3500-4000, but realistically if it were in the paper you probably wouldn't get over 2500 for it. Mileage talks, and most people can't figure out that 100k is just getting broken in nowadays.

Around here you'd get about $3500-4500 for it. A nicer 91 sold the other day for 2k and it had about 90k on the clock and it was only a base version.

If I didn't have so many cars I'd buy it... but mom will kill me so.... :roll:

thanks guys, yeah i was kind of guessing that the average guesses you put up would be 2500. no body really knows that these cars arent worth much around here obviously...cars in worse condition that mine are in sell for around 2500-3k

in fact, theres a 93 base in the autotrader with 98k the seller wants $5,999!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :shock:

but yeah, when that time does come ill start it out at 3000 obo....but i have to find another car first

(which im going to look at a 97 GTP with 62k for $7k hopefully on thursday :wink: )

its actually right around Kelley BB value. its listed for $6999 and the BB price came up as like $6796 or something like that.

Depending on the parents I will go tonite and look at it....Or ill wait til thursday

yeah I would say around 2500 for it, if your selling privately list it for 3500-4000 obo and see what you get

Someone may come along and say 3000 and you can say sold, they think they are getting a great deal when in reality you gettting excatly what you wanted in the first place.

General rule of thumb is to take the best blue book value you can get and add 10-20%

You never expect to get that much, its just part of the negoation process. It also scares away all the people who really arent all the serious.