any other way to open the hood?

frusciante fan

my latch is broken and i've got a problem. i was driving home from work tonight, which is about 20 miles away, and everything is going fine. i do notice when i pull out of the parking lot and it sounded louder than usual, but i didn't pay much attention. however the problem persisted all the way home. the sound coming from under the hood sounds like something rubbing against something else.(sounds lame i know) the sound remains whether driving or in idle. reving the engine does not affect it.

Use vicegrips, and grip them damn hard..it will work.

My 88 GP had a broken latch which I never fixed for 4 years until I junked the car.. lol

uhh you sure? seems like the harder i pull the more it seems like the who thing is gonna break.

You gotta pull it, and then push the cable back in. Gotta make sure you cut away the plastic/metal stuff around the wire so you got some of the cable to play with.

I had the vicegrips attached to mine sitting on the floor for the 4+ years I owned the car. I kept some sheet metal snips handy to cut away at the wire surrounding when the cable would break.

nevermind i got it to open. i'm just so paranoid about breaking something :)

i found the place that's making all the noise too. there's four circular things with the belt on them. 3 of the 4 are running smoothly but one is kind of wobbly. so i'm guessing one of the belts is loose. here's a pic:

http://img231.echo.cx/my.php?image=eng6gt.jpg

i found the place that's making all the noise too. there's four circular things with the belt on them. 3 of the 4 are running smoothly but one is kind of wobbly. so i'm guessing one of the belts is loose. here's a pic:

http://img231.echo.cx/my.php?image=eng6gt.jpg

There is only 1 belt .. :?

That's the crankshaft/underdrive pully. I'm not sure but maybe it's not balanced or something.

Hell I've had a pulley loose and wobbing ever since I've owned my car...

Anyway, good to hear u got the hood open and good luck with the repairs

ugh i'll have to take it into the shop in town on monday. such horseshit...i swear if something majorly goes wrong with this car i'm kicking it's ass to the curb with for sale sign.

thats the power strearing pump

d'oh!

I'm used to 60* engines....

The pully on my waterpump wobbles like crazy, but it has ever since I changed the pump and the belt hasn't fallen off yet so I guess it's okay. :lol: