Keyless entry question

91GPSTE

Just wondering, is it possible to make the horn honk when I lock the doors with keyless entry? Or maybe make the turn signals flash? Anything to make it visible because when I walk away from the car I don't always know if the remote worked or not.

i dunno bout the older ones, but on mine, you can set it to do all kinds of things when you press buttons

my lights flash, and if i press it again right after, the horn honks.

i can change it to whatever i want, i just never have.

check the manual

MY cheapo aftermarket does that as well....if you press the lock or unlock buttons, it does it in "passive mode"...but if you press the aux. button first the system goes into "active mode", and then one of the lock/unlock buttons the horn will beep.

In either modes the parking lights flash.

And because it is wired into the parking lights...at night when the lights flash...the guage cluster flashes as well, which I thought was cool lol.

I'd try locating the RKE box and tap into the wire that energizes the "LOCK" cycle. Then connect said wire to the "control" side of a relay, and have the "load" side of the relay spliced into the horn wire in the column (which I believe is a switched ground.)

I have no clue what color said wires are, so don't ask me :lol: . I'm just throwing the idea out there :D ...