holy crap! gas cap holder!!!

93euro

Do you use your gas cap holder?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you use your gas cap holder?

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't know i had a gas cap holder!

Ok so i was browsing through my Lumina's manual the other night when i stumbled across the section about fueling up. i then read the section about the gas cap holder. i was in complete shock because i never even noticed the darn thing, or knew what it did!! (the gas cap holder, BTW, is a slot on the inside of the fuel door that the end of the gas cap can be inserted into so that the gas cap is held on to, and also not forgotten!). Does anyone else use this ingenious peice of GM engineering? ANSWER THE POLL, DAMMIT!

DSCF0597.jpg

yeah, so its blurry, but you get the point

Yes, I use it. I remember reading about it in my owners manual a few years ago. :)

x2.

I didn't know I had it til I was bored one day and read the owners manual in depth :lol:

i donts got one :(

Your cap prolly has the teather on it.

I didn't read about my holder in the manual, i was filling up one day and was like, "hey, look at that" and put my gas cap in there. Used it ever since.

I've used it on occasion but it didn't take me a look through the owners manual to find it. :lol: I didn't know that was it's actual job but i put it there because i was sick of holding it.

Your cap prolly has the teather on it.

I'm like john the teather sucks scratches the car

yep :(

ive got scratches under meh filler hole :sigh:

I didn't read about my holder in the manual, i was filling up one day and was like, "hey, look at that" and put my gas cap in there. Used it ever since.

Same here.

I hate new cars that don't have it, and only a stupid teather. I had to fill up like 4 brand new Sebrings and was very careful so I don't scratch the paint (cause I like those cars).

Does anyone notice when u open the Gas door on them, that the back part, when fully open, hits the paint a little, and after time, makes a worn area, like, a bare ass spot. My moms Grand Am is a 99, and it has a teather, but, it also has somthign like that, and u wrap the teather around it, and it holds it out of the way! mabye thats what ur missing, lol

EDIT: the part about the gas door hitting the side of the car when open, for Grand Prix's with the Areo Package, it hits the fender flare, just a bit, and over time rubs the paint off, thats only if u open it fast