Door lock issues

3pt1lumina

Okay this is for two cars. My 90 Lumina and my gf's 03 Civic are both having the same problem. When you insert the key into the door lock cylinder it acts as if it's frozen. The key will not turn unless you jiggle it around then it will turn. We are both using the original keys and they are not beat up. They keys work fine in all other locks except the driver's door (on both cars).

On my Lumina I sprayed PB Blaster in there and it made it better but it's not perfect. Is there anything I can buy to spray in there instead of ripping the doors apart and taking the cylinders out? I don'tfeel like taking that stupid Honda apart.

thanks in advance, guys

keyless entry would solve that issue.....

...sometimes door locks get worn out because they are the ones used the most....not near as common on newer cars though because of keyless entry....I can't remember the last time I used a key to unlock a car door

There is a product called "Lock Ease" that comes in a blue bottle that is specifically designed to give a lock cylinder proper lubrication. WD-40 and their ilk actually do more harm than good to a lock cylinder. Beyond their initial "freeing-up" of the lock, they then dry the lock out shortly thereafter. You could get by with an aerosol lube that has Teflon in it, but you'd still need to reapply it often. Give 'er one shot of Lock Ease and you're good to go for at least a year (maybe longer depending if you live in a cold climate or not...)

There is a product called "Lock Ease" that comes in a blue bottle that is specifically designed to give a lock cylinder proper lubrication. WD-40 and their ilk actually do more harm than good to a lock cylinder. Beyond their initial "freeing-up" of the lock, they then dry the lock out shortly thereafter. You could get by with an aerosol lube that has Teflon in it, but you'd still need to reapply it often. Give 'er one shot of Lock Ease and you're good to go for at least a year (maybe longer depending if you live in a cold climate or not...)

Can I get this stuff "Lock Ease" at an Advance or a NAPA store? Locally we have a Nu Way Auto and a Parts Plus and Advance ( I wont go to Autozone under any circumstances) and for a NAPA I'll have to take quite the drive to get there.

Yeah it is a cold climate, but if I can get my gf's locks working so she won't have any more problems for awhile then that's fine. My car I'd like to fix the right way.