Dogbone engine mounts

AWeb80

no you wont see and HP from them, but I have heard that reducing the amount the engine rocks back on take off will help power transfer to the wheels. So get some poly-U ones from:

http://www.fastfwdperformance.com/

They also sell chips, underdrive pulleys, and coilovers. Plus the ploy-U dog bones look a lot better than the old black stockers.

I have heard that reducing the amount the engine rocks back on take off will help power transfer to the wheels.

is there any proof?? stock dogbones look sturdy enough to me?? tell me if im wrong

I put poly bushings in my dogbones. I thinked it helps with takeoff, and the engine doesn't even budge when you rev it. It did create a little bit of vibration, but it's not bad at all. You just buy fiero 4-cylinder dogbone bushings, but you need a 1.75" hole for the bushing so you'll have to either drill it out or mill it to 1.75" like I did. Here's a link to Chris A's site where he explains how to do it:

http://aldridgec.home.att.net/TGP/Engine/motor_mount.htm

don't forget the stock bones are made of a cheap junky metal. if you "HOG it out" you will weaken the dogbone. i know michael built his DB's because he broke his (Pictured on ffp website). He does have a 5spd and the auto's would have a harder time breaking one. his are Billet alluminum and MUCH stronger.. they do transfer the power to the ground faster. you don't make more power you just get it to the ground faster. Less mechanical movements to do means faster power transfers.

RedZ

I bought a set for the longevity alone. Sotck lasts me about 10k miles. Ive lived with the crap bushings for much longer than that but its nice to never have to worry about them again...ever.

Just thought I would through this in. It's cheap. Been in there two years.

I routed 4 donuts with a dremel tool 1 3/8 od from 1/2 hardwood, pressed them in and filled the gaps with washers. (about two on each side) Ran it for a day and added a washer to each mount after they seated. Since then I haven't touched them. Cost about $7.00.

I replaced my stock/original dogbons struts last year after they had been on the car for over 160,000 miles. I immediatly noticed better handling as well as the power being put on the ground better. The problem is the replacement struts are wearing out fast!

Just thought I would through this in. It's cheap. Been in there two years.

I routed 4 donuts with a dremel tool 1 3/8 od from 1/2 hardwood, pressed them in and filled the gaps with washers. (about two on each side) Ran it for a day and added a washer to each mount after they seated. Since then I haven't touched them. Cost about $7.00.

LMAO, i just don't know what to say.

Wood?? Which type? GOt me curious....

On a side note, heck instead of getting poly bushings which will cause more vibration, I'm going to get a set from a 3100 w-body. Im only in it for the longetivity alone, like Ben. The 3100 ones are much more of a "mount" rather than these goofy dogbones that barely do its job for more than a month! I can't believe how many Ive gone through on a pretty much stock engine!