properly doing a burnout

frusciante fan

Is it bad that my TGP doesn't have a prayer in the world of doing a burnout? Anything below 2200 is pretty much worthless, :oops: anything above that is :shock: but even with a working ebrake it wouldn't do much, brake torque is worthless too..... :x no burnouts for this poor tank

Isn't your car modded a bit too? My TGP at full throttle from a dead stop will take off hard not spinning initially and then you get a few feet and full boost hits = major wheelspin. I'll try to get a short video soon. :wink:

Is it bad that my TGP doesn't have a prayer in the world of doing a burnout? Anything below 2200 is pretty much worthless, :oops: anything above that is :shock: but even with a working ebrake it wouldn't do much, brake torque is worthless too..... :x no burnouts for this poor tank

Isn't your car modded a bit too? My TGP at full throttle from a dead stop will take off hard not spinning initially and then you get a few feet and full boost hits = major wheelspin. I'll try to get a short video soon. :wink:

Oh yeah, its heavily modded actually, but below 2500, its turd. Its worse than our stock 4cyl/Auto TSX from an idle. Its not hard at all but yeah, first gear is worthless after 2500, it spins all the way through redline bouncing it even sometimes :shock: I really wish I could get a chip that removed the rev limiter, this engine is coming alive when it shifts :x

It did get a little bit better bottom end with the new injectors but its still far from what I feel it should be, hell I could do a nuetral drop and it would probably be lucky to chirp the tires.

I'll try robbing the cousin's digital video camera and get a clip of it,

do on a hill, then put it in nuetral, then let it roll to like 5 mph, then slam it into dive and floor it, ull spin the tires, lol, my friend does it in his 90hp Jetta TDI, i think a W-Body could do it

Tell your friend he's an idiot.

do on a hill, then put it in nuetral, then let it roll to like 5 mph, then slam it into dive and floor it, ull spin the tires, lol, my friend does it in his 90hp Jetta TDI, i think a W-Body could do it

Tell your friend he's an idiot.

i did :lol: and that car has got more abuse on it than any car i could think of, he burn out, it ALWAYS floor it from a stop, its ALWAYS take that corner at 30+ its always hit ur rev limiter every day, it always put the brakes to the floor to stop, do e brake skids, and attempt to drif, and all kinds of shit, and this is a nicer 98 or so Jetta TDI, its got white, err, vinal or leather seats, power sliding sunroof, this really really good Stereo that came with the car, but oh well, his loss

VWs can take a beating. "My" first car was 89 Jetta, it was a slow POS but reliable as they come. I drove the f'n piss out of that thing, including doing reverse-drive burnouts every time I left the driveway (leaving a 2 ft patch.. lol). It felt like it was on rails, so I took corners as hard as I could (which probably wasn't that hard considering it was so slow). My 1988 GP seemed like a rocket compared to it... I'm guessing it would do the 1/4 mile in like 20 seconds at best. :lol:

ws it a TDI? lol the late 80's ones had like, 70 or so hp, they are VERY slow, my friends TDI is hella slow, like, 1/4 mile of high 17's slow, and he just drives the shit out of it, but hell, he says he gets about 25-30 mpg driving like he does!!!! omg, those things get like 60 mpg

ws it a TDI? lol the late 80's ones had like, 70 or so hp, they are VERY slow, my friends TDI is hella slow, like, 1/4 mile of high 17's slow, and he just drives the shit out of it, but hell, he says he gets about 25-30 mpg driving like he does!!!! omg, those things get like 60 mpg

I dunno what model it was.. all I know is it was an 89 and it took gas. 70hp would sound about right though :lol: