properly doing a burnout

frusciante fan

Dont if you want your transmission to last.

Rev it to the limiter in nuetral and drop it into drive.

Lock up the Ebrake, hold your brake pedal to the floor and the gas like your gonna launch the car for a race, let off the brake and put the gas to the floor.

Dont do it.

Get a truck.

I did the above mentioned one with the ebrake, did a massive burn out with it, but put flat spots in my rear tires :shock: Kinda feels like driving with a tire shaped like this: D

heh, funny, i thought i would they were done just simply by flooring it while mostly stopped. i really need to learn more...

and which of those two ways would you say is easier on the vehicle?

FWD cars can't really do a true burnout, as RWD can.

In RWD you lock up the front wheels, so the car isn't going anywhere. Then roast your rear wheels to your delight.

With FWD with the ebrake locked it's just a matter of time before the tires get sticky and the front of the car starts pulling forward..

IF YOU MUST.. my advice would be to put some water in front of the tires, or some tire foam on the tires (something to get them spinning so it's easier on the tranny). I put some Turtlewax Tire-shine spray stuff on the tires of my friend's 3.1 Sunbird, and he did a fucking awsome burnout, the front was all hopping around and stuff.. lol :mrgreen:

And cover the ground in BLEACH!! :twisted: But beware that the cops may come from all the smoke...

yeah i'd feel really bad about hurting my car. plus i'll have no money this summer after new exhaust and paint in case something does break. it's kind of like the first time i pushed my car in terms of speed. i did it once a couple months ago and no desire to do it again...

Lock it out in 1st...you don't want it shifting into 2nd...unless you plan to spin them a bit then launch...

When I want to spin the tires a bit, I go forward a bit, slam on the brakes and right as a release the brakes punch it to the mat...the inertia from stopping....and then the shifting of weight to the back is enough for me to break the tires loose.

However, this is only done on VERY SPECIAL occassions since my tranny really don't like it, and starts acting wierd...then fixes itself lol...must be a message to make me stop doing what I'm doing.

- Jeff L.

A friend of mine used to do neutral -> drive drops in her little Dodge Omni all the time. One time the transmission didn't like it at all, and "reverse" turned into a second neutral. It effectively totaled the car, but she drove it around with no reverse for a while. It was amusing to park directly infront of her :twisted:.

So I would say that locking the ebrake would be preferable to neutral dropping the tranny.

We used to do bleach burn outs in high school with my monte carlo I had. The only reason we didn't get caught is because the cops couldn't see who was doing it through all the smoke :lol: . i've locked the e-brake and got them spinning, and then realsed the e-brake. They will usually keep going once they have started. Also put the tranny in 1st, if it shifts they will usually stop.

Easy way to do huge smokey burnout with FWD.

1. Find a Hill

2. Stop on the incline

3. Get out, pour 1/2 quart drain oil on each tire

4. get back in car, lock parking brake

5. drop in D...floor it and once the tires are loose, hold speed to ~37MPH as indicated by speedometer

6. Sit there until sufficent amount of smoke is released to not be able to see out the windows, release parking brake, and floor gas.

One of my friends used to do this all the time...his over 170k original trans (its a 3t40 (th-125))...his car usually spins both tires though....the 1 wheel wonder will kill your trans

do on a hill, then put it in nuetral, then let it roll to like 5 mph, then slam it into dive and floor it, ull spin the tires, lol, my friend does it in his 90hp Jetta TDI, i think a W-Body could do it

No don't just floor it. Flooring it just drags your ass around. Brake torque it up to 2000 with the e-brake locked and then release it. I don't know WHY you would want to do this.. granted I used to, but I regret it now, I fucked my trans up.

so lock down the parking brake and floor it? or should i hit the main brake as i'm punching it and then release?

No no no... main brakes are ONLY for rear wheel drive cars. You must use the e-brake.

Locking it down and floor it will sometimes give you a burnout, however more often it will just pull your car forward really slow.

Dont if you want your transmission to last.

Rev it to the limiter in nuetral and drop it into drive.

Lock up the Ebrake, hold your brake pedal to the floor and the gas like your gonna launch the car for a race, let off the brake and put the gas to the floor.

Dont do it.

Get a truck.

I did the above mentioned one with the ebrake, did a massive burn out with it, but put flat spots in my rear tires :shock: Kinda feels like driving with a tire shaped like this: D

ok i just wasn't positive...

Is it bad that my TGP doesn't have a prayer in the world of doing a burnout? Anything below 2200 is pretty much worthless, :oops: anything above that is :shock: but even with a working ebrake it wouldn't do much, brake torque is worthless too..... :x no burnouts for this poor tank