My Power door locks dont work Need Help!!!

Bigrob

Hey all, I need some help my power door locks dont work, my interior lights dont work. Everytime I try to replace the fuse the new one blows right away. So what can be the problem. Ive checked to see if anything is grounding out and I cant find anything that would be grounding out. Could someone please help me. :!:

lemme guess you are borrowing my cutty? :)

all of this is on one circuit and none of it works in my cutty.

power locks, map lights, cig lighter, power mirror, interior lights, underhood light, trunk light.

no clue as to why it is like this.

so if ya figure it out holla back so mayb i can fix mine.

Monty

one of my friends has a 90 cutty sedan. he had that exact same issue with popping the fuse when he pushed in the lighter or car charger for his cell. come to find out he had a dime stuck in the socket. he removed the dime and all was well.

Monty

yea im not sure why the lighter cuases it to blow....but if you dont smoke who cares, it just makes it easier to plug other things in. if you do smoke, just keep lighters with you :) the socket the cigarette lighter plugs into sometimes can get loose theres like 5 or 6 seprate little parts that over time become loose. you can take it apart and put it back together, clean the lighter and put it back in and see if that helps if u dont mind risking wasting another fuse.

explain what you mean when you said you unhooked your lighter?

remove the element?

remove the wires attached to it?

straight up removed it from the car?

thanx

Monty