Issue with HUD in hot weather

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I notice that when my car sits out in the hot sun for a long time, the HUD won't illuminate until it cools down in the car... I've replaced the actual HUD unit but not the switch, and I assume its the switch becuase the old and new HUD does the same thing.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have a problem when it's very hot, like sitting in the sun also, my radio doesn't get signal from my steering wheel controls. I know that doesn't answer your question :lol: , but I think it's a solder joint somewhere. Maybe open up the switch and try the resoldering thing?

heh, my hud doesntseem to like the cold.

and it displays the best when its raining, and the worse when its nighttime.

stupid tempermental hud

you could try one of those goofy windwhiled covers for your car when its really hot out and see if that makes a differencel

Guest Anonymous

I've thought about those becuase:

A. The HUD goes crazy in the heat

B. I don't have working a/c

C. Imagine 8 hours of direct sunlight on black leather.

I'd check the switch myself...because if it briefly comes on when you slide it or however that switch works, and the HUD comes on briefly...then something is wrong in there I'd say..solder joint or something that is being affected by the heat.

After it is cooled down and working correctly, go in there with a hair dryer...and blow the air at the switch and see if the heat does anything to the operation of the HUD.

- Jeff L.