Emissions / Inspection

no1kicker

My car's inspection is not til the fall, but I'm thinking ahead. Will my car pass inspection if my ABS light is on? The brakes work good. Also would having a CAI on be ok? I guess it's not too hard to put the stock airbox back on if not.

I would suggest sticking the stock intake back on. My Sub had a aftermarket intake, and they refused to even test me. I got into an argument with the guy, but he said "I'll test you if you want, but then I'll fail you." Sheesh. Nah, they can't fail you for your ABS light, they may tell you your car is broken (had that happen too) "Sir, your brakes are bad," (me) "ummm no, the brakes have less than 50 miles on them, they need to be broken in yet"

geeze, if they were to fail you for an abs light just pull the bulb out of the cluster. i shouldnt talk though here in NJ i wouldnt be surprised

where are you from in New Jersey???

i run emission tests here in toronto, canada. I dont know if its different from there but I couldnt care less about an intake. All we look for is a cat. conv. then the computer does the rest of the work.