Cruise control removal

WhiteMonteZZZ

I never use my cruise control. Just curious, where is the cruise control "box" or "brain" under the hood? I assume the 2nd throttle cable from the tb is the cruise throttle cable? What all would removing the cruise control entail?

WhiteMonteZZZ

Look on the driver's side strut tower. It's the square box that's mounted there, and you're correct, the cable runs to the throttle body. I'd imagine all you'd have to do is disconnect the cruise cable from the TB and unplug the module and it should simply unbolt from the strut tower. If you're going "all the way," you might want to find a signal lever from an older GM that doesn't have cruise so you can complete your "cruise delete" option.

I duno why you would want to remove that, its one of the best things on my car, I use it alomst everyday

but I guess if you dont use it, its there for nothing, but if you go to sell the car, you wont get as much cuz you took that option out.

I'm not gonna sell the car.....ever :wink: It's every guy's dream...well...mine at least...to keep my first car. And since it's not nearly worth it to sell it in terms of price...well...you get the idea 8) I thought it was that little box on the strut tower. Just actually cleaning up some room in the engine bay while I work on it for the summer. I literally NEVER drive on the highway and around here it's so stop-and-go I never use cruise. Cool. So I'll be removing that in the future!

Thanks Disco!

It's every guy's dream...well...mine at least...to keep my first car

yes, thats mine, too. the bigger question is, how long does my first car want to keep me?

:lol:

It's every guy's dream...well...mine at least...to keep my first car

yes, thats mine, too. the bigger question is, how long does my first car want to keep me?

:lol:

:wink: Lol! Never thought of it like that...but come to think of it...that's a little more realistic hehe