another how much is my pos w-body worht thread

rudefyet

Both me and my family are fed up with this car, so it's time for it to go.

The fuel pump died today, leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere for 5 hours.

You all know what it looks like for the most part....check http://www.cardomain.com/id/rudefyetgp if you don't

As is, it's got brand new gaskets from the heads up. Runs pretty good.

The computer is throwing an SES code for the knock sensor, so that will need checked out.

It has a small fuel leak, which is my fault, right where one of the lines ties into the fuel rail. I assume some teflon tape would fix that.

It has a small mysterious coolant leak, I'm pretty sure it's the pos rusted metal line down by the bottom of the engine, cause that's the only possible place it could leak (i've replaced everything else).

A/C works fantasic.

The vacuum line for the trans is missing the little rubber connector thingie.

The left rear wheel hums, there's no play yet, but it's rather loud.

Ball joint condition is unknown

Rear calipers are seized up.

Hose from exhaust manifold to EGR is broken

and it makes plenty of weird noises

Just wondering what someone would pay for this pile of crap with 173k on it

Well, it is an older car with alot of miles, I really wouldn't be complaining. 20 yrs ago, cars were done when you hit 100k. But for the mileage, the body looks damn good.

Aaron

20 yrs ago, cars were done when you hit 100k.

You do realize that his car, and quite a few of our cars on this board, are 15+ years old? I think you mean to say 40 years ago.... The times are a-changin...

welp..i'm gonna have to fix the fuel pump so i can drive it for a few more weeks

the timing belt snapped on the minivan tonight, which was my only backup car

I hate to make it sound like its not worth anything, but it sounds like its only worth about $500 or so to me. Its got a lot of miles, numerous problems, and there is nothing really special about it. I definately can't see you getting more than $1k for it. A dealer would prolly give you a few hundred for it :roll: , damn stealerships!

Shawn

well...the fuel problems are fixed now...the car runs fine

I'll fix the coolant leak tomorrow

I'll probably advertise it locally for $1000 OBO (or best offer is the key word here :lol:) at first, since cars seem to be worth more here. Either that or we have a lot of stupid car buyers

But if any of you guys want it, throw me an offer, cause i'm desperate to get a new car/truck, catch me in a good mood and you may get it really cheap

If anyone wants to trade me a decent 4WD truck/suv let me know too

Any stealerships around you have an events like "Push, Pull, Or Drag"??

Here, you get a minimum of $2000Cdn for it (although there is probably some hidden catch to that)

Any stealerships around you have an events like "Push, Pull, Or Drag"??

Here, you get a minimum of $2000Cdn for it (although there is probably some hidden catch to that)

Yeah, they charge you $2000Cdn more than the car you're looking to buy is worth so they get your old junker free!

At least I'd be willing to give a cheeseburger and a Coke for it. :)

I'll give TWO cheeseburgers, a coke, PLUS a milkshake. Beat that.

i find that amusing lol

Umm, I'd say with all of the problems listed you'd only get about $500 for it. It has a solid body from what I can see. If you were in NY it would go fast.