Grand Prix climate controls ('88-'93)

GutlessSupreme

Can someone explain exactly what the hell all those abreviations stand for? Some are obivously but their exact function isn't...

like wtf does B/L mean? and why are there seperate buttons for "HTR" and "VNT" when these should automatically change with the movement of the temp level whenever the A/C isn't actually on.

Gawd, I need an owners manual...

B/L is Bi Level, I believe. It will blow through the vents, AND to the floor. Heater (HTR) blows to the floor, only. Vent (VNT) only blows out the vents in the dash. I don't really know of any car that changes from vent to heater depending on the temp setting. Why would that make a difference on where you want the air (hot OR cold) to blow from? It's an issue of preference.

B/L is Bi Level, I believe. It will blow through the vents, AND to the floor. Heater (HTR) blows to the floor, only. Vent (VNT) only blows out the vents in the dash. I don't really know of any car that changes from vent to heater depending on the temp setting. Why would that make a difference on where you want the air (hot OR cold) to blow from? It's an issue of preference.

Oh, I wasn't taking vent to mean upper and heater to mean lower.. I was thinking vent was just the fans venting outside air into the car, and that heater was heat :shrug: that's why I didn't get it lol.

In any case.. I'm contemplating a Cutlass digital swap somewhere down the road (at least if I can figure a way to make it fit the look of the interior). But that's probably just wishful thinking.

Thanks guys ;)

Vent is just when outside air is blowing into the interior, or at least I thought it was. We used it on our Corsica a long time ago when the A/C took a crap on us. :mrgreen:

Most of these names come from way back in the day, when non-AC equipped cars didn't have dash vents. That's why heat is floor, because all those cars had was floor and defrost vents. Non-ac cars had off, heat and defrost.