A couple factory stereo questions

Nick1234

This seems like a pretty solid stock stereo, so I'm not really in a rush to find a replacement.

I noticed on my stereo, the button that says "CD" also says "AUX". Does this mean that I can also hook another input device to it?

IS an RF transmitter going to be the best way for me to use my MP3 player with the stock stereo?

Is there a big difference in sound quality between using the RCA wires and using speaker level wires for wiring up an amp?

I don't think the aux. does anytihng because I'm pretty sure there are no inputs on the back.

An RF modulator will be the best since you don't have a tape deck...

I'll let you know how the high level inputs sound, because I'm installing my amp using the stock cd player as a source unit as well...

...stock stereo...I noticed on my stereo, the button that says "CD" also says "AUX". Does this mean that I can also hook another input device to it?

I assume you're talking about a mid to late 90's Delco Theftlock model CD deck. I have found it hard to get information on these, but from what I understand, the CD deck will control the Delco "slave" tape player, but not a CD changer. A lot of the trucks & vans had this set up. There's a 9-pin connector on the back of the stereo where the appropriate cable goes. The first year or 2 (did they come out in '94?) for the model had the cut out on the back for the 9-pin connector, but the connector wasn't there. I've heard that this feature only worked on certain model #'s of the stereo, but have not verified this. I've also heard that if the CD deck is a 2000 or later (same design, not the newer models), it will control a Delco CD changer, but again have not verified this. Also, the Theftlock tape deck will contol a Delco CD changer or slave single CD player, but not the slave tape player.

There are aftermarket adaptors that will plug into the 9-pin connector on these decks, allowing other devices to be hooked up, but I don't know anything about them. (There's some here: http://peripheralelectronics.com/2002/aux_in.asp, http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piegm9aux.html)