Help installing amp

1990lumina

Alrighty, I'm preplanning what I need to install my amp..

So far the only question is because I'm running the factoryDelco deck, which wire do I splice into for the REM (or the remote turn on) connection on the amp?

Can I use any 12 volt source that becomes live with the key in acessory or running posiitons??

Thanks

Alrighty, I'm preplanning what I need to install my amp..

So far the only question is because I'm running the factoryDelco deck, which wire do I splice into for the REM (or the remote turn on) connection on the amp?

Can I use any 12 volt source that becomes live with the key in acessory or running posiitons??

Thanks

if i remember right, (been a long time!) the remote turn on wire is only about 6 volts.

but ive seen plenty of people just wire the amps to a switch, So i would throw it on a live wire when the ignition is on.

Run it to the power antenna lead (if your deck has it in the harness.) As far as the color, I think it's light blue but don't quote me on that. The aftermarket standard is dark blue with or without a white stripe for the amp turn-on/power antenna lead.

FYI, if you run it to any accessory that's switched with the ignition, the amp would be on whenever the HU is off (with the ignition on...)

Red=battery

Black=Ground

Blue=acc----inline it with your headunit harness splice it into a wire if you have to but that way it comes on and goes off with you hu

Jumper the turn-on to the fuse for you radio. They will both turn on/off at the same time.

You can fused adapters (called add-a-circuit) that will go in place of the stock fuse and provide fused output. Or if you want to go ghetto, you can just stick the wire under the tab for the fuse.