Small Oil Leak ?

89Cutlass

Hey anyone ever had this problem i heard it was quite common in these cars. there seems to be a small oil leak in the back of the motor. it drips off and burns of the exhaust. it only does it if i havnt drivin the car in a few days and then it stops.

Debs sister has a 96 Lumina. The thing is leaking all over, in two known spots. Supposedly its going to be $800 to fix. That whole car is messed up, if you put it into reverse, it makes this grinding noise someime.

jjon

Hey anyone ever had this problem i heard it was quite common in these cars. there seems to be a small oil leak in the back of the motor. it drips off and burns of the exhaust. it only does it if i havnt drivin the car in a few days and then it stops.
See this page.

my 'brilliant' :roll: GM dealership said that it was the Oil pump drive seal and O-ring or something like that. they changed it for me at some rediculous price and i don't think it's leaked much since then...it might have leaked a little though. I'll only be able to tell for sure when the spring rolls around again. But I believe this is the cause that shawn has on the website, no?