4x6 recommendations?

1990lumina

Well, I bought an amp today, and next thing I plan to buy are some decent front 4x6 for the dash.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for more clean higher end sound up front if you know what I mean. I am considering buying some 4x6 component speakers even. I don't have the "premium sound" option, so all I have are the speakers in the dash.

Any recommendations are appreicated :D

I've been looking at Infinity, JL Audio, Alpine...I'm looking something more high end for the front because my new amp has some some clean power and I want some good speakers to match, thanks :D!

- Jeff L.

im told infinity is the best, so go with that, just remeber to fade it to the rear a bit, the boom boom on the dash speakers will cause rattleing

I've got a crossover built into the amp, so hopefully I can take some of the bass out going to the front speakers, but thanks for the heads up:D:D

infinity arent the best but theyre better than the other ones you're looking at. they are the best in their price range (imo). i would get infinity unless you have a lot of money to spend

I'm looking at some Infinity Reference or Kappa...with the twisting tweeter on top so I can aim them back into the cabin, and not at the windshield..

If you want better sound, don't put 4x6 in your dash. Get a set of 5.25 or 6.5 and put them in your door.. I did this and used the speakers covers I got with the speakers to cover up the whole I cut in my door panel. Sounds soooo much better with my 5.25's in there over the 4's I had in my dash...4x6's won't sound much better if at all than the 4's. It's not that hard to cut the door panel and make it loook good.

I can snap a few pics if you want to see my install in my cutty...

Okay...sure post some pics.

I might be able to get the premium sound speaker grilles...but not the door panels (4 door car and mine is a 2 door)..

So if anyone has the premium sound in their Lumina 2 door and have a good picture of the door panel with the grille that would be helpful when my Dad cuts the hole into the door panel.

Then, in the 4x6 holes in the dash I could put a tweeter in or something if I put components in the door, or just leave them empty...

Anyway, thanks, and please post up some pics :D!

- Jeff L.

I woun't put a tweeter in the dash and woofer in the door... I think that's too far apart. JMO.

In my 88' GP (6-speaker factory) I put 6.5" in the doors and 4x6 in the dash, I loved all that sound coming at you.

I still have the 4x6 BTW, JBLs... if you want them make an offer.

S2400009.jpg

S2400008.jpg

If I did that, wouldn't I need 2 ohm speakers for the front??

I was running the dash and rears off my HU and a seperate amp for the doors. The "premium" factory stereo was for all 6 speakers, which originally had 4x6 in the doors too (I hacked away to fit the 6.5" in). I also have those for sale... they are Infinitys

http://photobucket.com/albums/y26/dave64/for%20sale%20and%20ebay/?