Need to fix my HVAC controls

Kalgorn

Guessing it's a vacuum line but I'm not sure. Where am I to be looking for this vacuum line(s)? I remember reading something about the vacuum ball and it being in the driver's side fender (I think). Anyone have any pictures or something that will aid me in this?

look under/around the crusie control servo, thats usually where they break. in my problem, i was missing the entire line to the checkvalve for HVAC/Cruise, so just check around

look under/around the crusie control servo, thats usually where they break. in my problem, i was missing the entire line to the checkvalve for HVAC/Cruise, so just check around

Sounds like a good place to start because didn't you mention your cruise doesn't work either?

What is this thing and is it supposed to be broken? :P

This is the bottom vacuum line (the little one) on the cruise control module. Comes down to a "T" and this is what I ran into. Not sure where the left runs but why is there nothing on the right? And what is it SUPPOSED to run to?

vacuum%20001.jpg

vacuum%20002.jpg

I'm actually sitting outside at my car on my laptop using the internet. Feel free to IM me and try to work me through it. :P

Alright, not at my car anymore. It looks like it's about to rain so I'm done for now. Found this new gem though. Not sure if it's supposed to be connected to anything or not... what do you guys think?

wtfisthis.jpg

Also, the top vacuum line on the cruise control module is very dried out and cracked from being bent. Could this cause a leak? The hose basically rubbed off onto my fingers. My hands were black after messing with it for a little while.

that T is definatly a leak, go to a j/y and find the vacumm harness from a Gen 1 w-body, and change the T and all, thats what i did, lol, jacked it from a 3.4 DOHC GTP

Where do the lines from the T run and how exactly do I replace just the T? I can't see where the left line is supposed to go because it runs under everything else and I obviously don't know where the right line runs.

I think that plug is for the hood light. It seems like it's in the right spot in the engine bay. however I could be wrong.

Definatley a possibility. It's in a spot where it would reach the hood perfectly fine and still have movement.

well start the car, and see if it sucks ur finger, get some carb cleaner or somthing and spary it

Are you talking about the side of the T? I tried that. Didn't feel a thing but it could be sort of gunked up from whatever WAS in it.

hmm, is it even a vaccum line? or anything? u can tell somthing was there, where is it? ill look for u when its not raining

I'm pretty sure it's a vacuum line. It's the bottom line off of the cruise control module.

I appreciate you looking for me.