How much time do you spend on your car?

wally05

Guys, sometimes I feel like I work on my Cutty too much. I'm just wondering, about how many times are you under your car/under the hood or playing with something on your car?

Korey

I barely spend any time under the hood of my Cutlass...hell i never even check the oil!!!!

My '70 Duster on the other hand...I swear i have spent more time working on it than driving it

I clean mine all the time, I cant stand to drive a dirty car.

but probably too much :lol:

:werd: ...i'm always finding something to do to my car...otherwise i get bored...and...i can't stand it when its dirty...

It seems that I work spend alot of time at once doing things, while other times I do nothing to it for a long time.

For example I might spend the good part of a weekend changing oil, flushing rad, doing bodywork, etc. Then as long as it's running good I just do quick checkups on it about every other tankful on average. Depends on my mood and the weather too.

To me it's just a daily driver.. I can't wait to get a real project car (something V8+RWD and likely older) that I can spend money on aftermarket, and fix from the ground up.

Guest Anonymous

there isnt a day that goes by when I'm not tinkering around withe the RPE, usually cleaning it (the crosslaces get dirty in 3 days), vacuuming, checking my fluid levels in the new engine, changing dead bulbs, snooping around under the hood, etc...

I liked when I had my 88' GP cause I beat the hell out of that thing and checked the fluids like twice a month.. lol. Damn that was a solid car.

haha, good, I'm glad, I thought I was kinda nutty on mine. There isn't a time when I don't drive it that I'm not thinking about what to do to it next. Except if I'm really tired and don't give a damn. This is going to be one fine looking cutty someday.

Korey :mrgreen:

Let me see, I get home from work and work on my car, get on the forum and check for updates, go back and work on my car, check the forum before going to sleep then sleep. Get up in the morning, check the forum again, work on my car, check the forum again, and go to work and the cycle starts over again. I'm obsessed but I have two cars that need a lot of work and I have nothing better to do.

Shawn

I constantly check my coolant and oil levels, but that's because I've got an intermittent coolant light and I'm always paranoid that something went wrong with the intake swap. I chased a coolant leak around for so long that I'm looking at my temp sensor a lot, but not so much since I got the HUD.

I go to the junkyard about 3-4 times a month to look for cool gadgets to add to my car. I won't stop until I've got it optioned out. I can get the parts cheaply enough, and it's my daily driver. Why not make it so I can enjoy it?

Now.. car audio... I'm obsessive. I swear, electronics stores are going to end up knowing my name. If I buy a head unit, and I don't like it, I take it back and get a different one, and if I don't like that one, same thing. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess. I'm just an audiophile. I constantly adjust EQ settings and fiddle with the radio.

How much/what kind of Preventive maintenance do you do?

Korey

Oil/Filter at 3,000 miles

Coolant Flush every two years

I check the hoses/belts/fluid levels at every oil change

If something else is broken they will tell me for PA State Inspection lol

I'm always doing somethin 2 my car, cleaning the engine the car etc... right now I need to vac it. Might add some strobes tomorrow or sumthin... not sure yet

not as much as i would like to.

thats what i get for not being allowed to work on the car at home :bash:

i just do the normal oil changes and such. hopefully this weekend ill do my front O2 sensor, fuel filter, oil change and other spring time needs

i spend about 40-80 hours on my car a week then work part timeon other peoples cars after that, but ONLY after I do what I want to mine first :lol: