a/c -mpg

MoTox8410

my friend used to have a duke lumina, we were going down the road one day, i hit his a/c button and the whole car slowed down a little bit. :lol:

the V5 compressor that most w-bodies (if not all) have in the system should not effect power the much.

As Gnat said, the V5 is very efficient. Its kinda like a DOD system, it changed the compression depending one when it needs it.

My Z34 gets worse mileage with AC on, not by much though. The 0-60mph is wickedly affected from like 7 seconds to like 8.5 or something like that, it is a noticeable power loss, so it takes more gas obviously.

7 seconds? Well not to let you down, but the compressor is supposed to turn off when WOT is detected.

Ugh, for some reason, my gas mileage almost HALVES when using AC. I'm glad someone posted it, I always think about posting it when I'm using the AC, and always forget to when I get home.

Anyway, yeah, there's hella drag on the engine when the compressor is on, and so much noise. Then again, when we were doing the 3400 intake swap, we left about three of the bolts for the compressor off in the first place. :lol: :oops: So it's noisy as hell.

My Regal doesn't really care if I have the a/c on. I had it on monday and tues and filled up on wed. I still averaged 27mpg with 50/50 city/highway driving. :D

in the camaro last weekend on my way to meet up with john, I averaged 23.11 miles, and I was running A/C on the whole way down, and back. This included highway, city, and racing john...