Foglights- OOUCH! *Pics*

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

UPDATE****

I got the new foglights... I think they are too bright. they are probably the H3-100 instead of the H3-55. Can i put the 55 bulbs in?

STB_1178.gif

Well, i drove 20 minutes to the deluxe auto parts store looking for new h3-55 bulbs for my foglights- becuase both mysteriosly didnt work. I assumed dead bulbs... So i bought them at like 6 bucks a bulb, drove home, and started taking apart the lamps..

as soon as i loosed one allen screw, the entire assembly crumbled and fell into tiny pieces! My fog lights have co mpletely rotten through! WTF? :cry: :verymad: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Fog1.gif

Fog2.gif

Dumb questions- is anything salvageable? i really like the look of the stock fogs compared to aftermarket ones- I need suggestions!

Looks like you just need the surrounds for the lenses...

The housing looks savable...and I would definately save the wiring

Holy crap, the original foglights in my 89 were 100% intact when I replaced them a few months ago for a broken glass lens. :shock:

Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7979137411&category=33709&sspagename=WDVW

Brackets may be different, but the glass is the same and will fit. I bought new Achieva lights and just used the lenses because it was cheaper to do that than to buy the lenses alone. Tons of GM cars & trucks from the 80's and early 90's used the same lights.

Or if you want brand new:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7978222893&category=33709

I've heard the lenses from Blazertech driving lights will fit, but they're driving lights and not foglights.

Yeah, my dads GP didn't even have foglights [it had the switch, wires, and mounting location]. I would just go with an aftermarket set of fog/driving lights.

Hello,

You send yourself to Walmart, purchase a nice pair of rectangle driving lights, and they'll fit right in.

rust.jpg

I had a state inspection...well, one of my driving lights didn't work. So, I pay the 2 bucks, they throw on a bulb and pass the car. I get home, check the lights...one still doesn't work...take it out, and that's what I find. They were being nice by not checking it again. You'll find most rectangle lights are the same...just take your new ones apart and fill your plastic housing on your car with all the new crap. You'll be good as new. Actually, I ended up too good as new, as my new ones are too dam bright to use as driving lights anymore.

Good luck in what you do. You can see the lights in my sig...you can't see anything special cause they're the same.

Guest Anonymous

I went down to advanced auto and found this set of $20 ricer driving lights that are practicallly an exact match to the stock b4u fog lights (I say ricer becuase there was a lime green riced out Matrix on the box)...

The mounting brackets were different so i took the old foglight housing out, and bolted the new ones to the GP's factory brackets. I couldnt just put them in the old housing becuase the wiring was different, but I was able to splice the positive and negative leads into the factory wiring and everything works fine, and looks stock.

All is well that ends well!