Stuck gauge

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Minor detail with the RPE...

The oil pressure needle never moves from 60 psi... except when it turns off... I've driven the car some good distances and the needle never moves... I would assume maybe the gauge is shot? or maybe I have a bad sender?

Try unhooking it and then see what happens, I believe it should show no oil pressure when unhooked. Sounds like yours is shorted, but it could be a wire or the gauge as well.

I think it should move a little....I know my guage moves from damn near pinned at start up, to about half after it is warmed up....however I know that guage is very inaccurate, so I only worry if it reads 0psi lol

I have another guage related question and rather than open another thread, I'm posting here. not trying to hijack.

my tach has some sort of problem. When I have my lights on and shut off the car, the tach shoots around to past 8. It stays ther until I start up the car and rev above 2000 RPM, then it works perfect. what is going on?

Guest Anonymous

it sounds like wires are crossed and the voltage from the lights is sending the gauge into a "full voltage" state...

I've also noticed my speedo is 2MPH off from the HUD when above 30 mph...

The oil pressure gauges aren't worth anything. Another heavily discussed thing on these boards.. Try replacing the sending unit.

Secondly, is the speedometer being off really that big of a suprise? My Bonneville is 5 MPH off from the HUD.