kendwood amp Clipping out!!

MoTox8410

on hot days my kenwood ka-7201 keeps clipping out for a few mins.....what can i do to stop this

is this a common probelm with kenwood amps???

where is it located? Make sure it gets enough air, you might even want to consider mounting it under your drivers seat so it gets some a/c (if your works). If it is mounted to the back of the box, take the screws out and put a few washers between each screw and screw it abck in, so it;s not resting on the box itself

My brother has that exact same Kenwood amp and one day he walked out to his truck to find the truck full of smoke and the amp on fire. It turned out the internal capacitors inside the amp began to leak acid on the circuit board. Thank god it was under warranty.

I've noticed with all of my Kenwood amps, they tend to run a bit on the warm side. The only cure- better mounting location that will let more air pass by it. If you feel like doing something other than that, you can do what I did. I picked up a small 12v computer case fan, drilled holes into my amp., and faced fan so it would pull heat out. I then drilled some holes into the other side, so there would be more ventilation. Since then(and before it was stolen) it worked perfectly fine.

slick do you happen to have any pics of this i have a case fan and a heat sinc some where around here

I wish I did take some pictures, but unfortunately I didn't. I just drilled small holes into the side of the amp, and mounted a fan on the one side to get some airflow.

Then you could mount another fan on the opposite side, but turn the fan around to create a "forced air" effect, in my crazy screwed up mind that seems like a good idea for the best air flow.

makes sense but i think i just going to throw the heat sync on it and see how it does.....hopefully it will improve it. its starting to get annoying as hell with this weather we are having

btw does anybody know the where the most heat is created on the amp

also can i just run the wires off the amp???

makes sense but i think i just going to throw the heat sync on it and see how it does.....hopefully it will improve it. its starting to get annoying as hell with this weather we are having

btw does anybody know the where the most heat is created on the amp

also can i just run the wires off the amp???

I'm fairly sure that most of the heat created in the amplifier is at the small capaciters and inducers inside of it.

As for running the wires off of the amp, do you mean for the small fan? If so, I ran the positive from the fan into the amp. turn on lead, and the neg. to the neg. on the amp.