Good wax :)

streetdreams

anyone recommend a good wax,

I tried the meguiars color x and it was Okay I guess,

I tried the turtle wax paste and I thought it sucked

I wanna try the nufinish and zymol but zymol is a bit expensive

btw turkle wax does not take out most light swirl marks

I've heard plenty of good things about meg's NXT Wax but have yet to try it. If stupid people would quit running into my damn car I would get to use it.

Also I would use a claybar and a polish before waxing.

Anything with Carbuna (sp?) wax in it is good...personally I use Mother's Paste wax in the tin can, works like a charm, and "Nothing Shines Like Mother's" :D

Turtle wax PLATINUM is a pretty good choice. NUfinish is good too, and it lasts a little longer.

Knowing a lot of professional detailers.. those are the WORST products you could put on your vehicle. They contain nasty chemicals. I personally use Meguiar's Gold Class. However I want to try the infamous Zaino.

NuFinsh has a Teflon in it, and Teflon is extremely hard to get on the paint if you need to remove it...ask most body shops and they will say it is a bitch if the car needs to be painted in a certain area how hard it is to prep

Also, that new Telfon car wash and wax stuff is just the same stuff, lasts a long time, but again, it is very hard to remove if needed.

Same thing with using windshield washer fluid with teflon in it in winter...it does the same thing if it gets on the paint.

That Colourized stuff isn't the greatest...it says it is suppose to remove light surface scratches when all is really does is fill them with the coloured wax...

My two cents I guess lol

well yeah I assume long lasting wax = tougher to remove, but when waxing a car, who is concerned with "if I get the car painted it will be tough to remove"?

MCC Let me know what these harsh chemicals are. I've never liked ANY type of Turtle wax until the platinum series came out. I've also been a member of a detailers mailing list for a few years, and the "pros" on there who usually approve products from Zaino, approved of the Platinum series wax too! There's many people on there that (claim) own their own detailing businesses. Yahoo groups "automobile detailing".

MCC Let me know what these harsh chemicals are. I've never liked ANY type of Turtle wax until the platinum series came out. I've also been a member of a detailers mailing list for a few years, and the "pros" on there who usually approve products from Zaino, approved of the Platinum series wax too! There's many people on there that (claim) own their own detailing businesses. Yahoo groups "automobile detailing".

I'll ask and let you know.. and I wasn't talking about the platinum series but mainly just the regular Turtle Wax and the NuFinish :)