everytime I detail the car I get mad!!!!!!!!!!

streetdreams

okay I'm pissed, I got this car a year ago, soon as I got it I cleaned it up,

detail, wax etc and it looked good, for a 17yr old paint job it looked as good as it gets in white. it could use a good clay bar but I was very impressed and many others told me it looked sweet. now I've only been driving it the last few months (long story) I washed it the other day and noticed all these marks that wouldnt come out in a wash. and some paint chipping off. I was extremely upset. now today I washed the car down and not only are there dark marks (like stained imprints of dirt) but theres frickin scratches all over

prolly from parkin next to people since theyre all over the sides of the body

and they wont come out! theres gotta be like 12 new scratches, from now on I'm parkin in the back no matter where I go. than I put the power washer to her, not even close and the paint starts comin off like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the clear coat on the trunk is peeling so bad that the wax got caught under it and looks like a green smudge on my paint. I used turtle wax paste and it put on a gloss but the scratches and swirls and all that are just more niticable. I feel like detailing the ride is like confession, time to reveal the truth about whats happened to your car over the last week or so and it upsets me. I bought a clay bar last summer with the detailer spray and it dosent seem to work or I'm not using it right. I spray

the surface area and than scrub/swirl the bar over the surface and it wont even remove a rust dot on the paint. I wanna paint the car but I cant afford it right now. I just want what I have to be clean

Could be worse...Seems like everytime I washed or waxed my 94' GTP, something mechanical related would self destruct within a week or so. I washed, claybarred & waxed it once and within a week, it perforated the engine block with rods/rod fragments.

Welcome to the club dood. I had a white '90 Cutlass with perfect paint that started peeling. The primer oxidizes over time, and the topcoat lifts off. I ended up learning to paint with a HVLP gun and did much of the car myself (hood, fenders. bumpers, lower cladding) Repainting is inevitable but a worthy investment if you like the car enough. White is hard to screw up anyway, even the cheap paint jobs come out pretty good. But you're biggest cost will be the prep work.

Sucks man...I know how you feel as well.

The clay bar will remove surface rust, like small, very small dots on the paint...but you have to lube the clay and surface, and rub the shit outta it - or maybe I'm doing the clay bar wrong lol..

Ayway, sorry to hear the car's paint isn't doing so great, just try and kee pthe rust to a minimum before you get it painted

Sucks man...I know how you feel as well.

The clay bar will remove surface rust, like small, very small dots on the paint...but you have to lube the clay and surface, and rub the shit outta it - or maybe I'm doing the clay bar wrong lol..

Ayway, sorry to hear the car's paint isn't doing so great, just try and kee pthe rust to a minimum before you get it painted

what you're removing is fallout (including small rust particles) or forms of pollution (exhaust soot) off your paint. Not body rust.

Welcome to the club dood. I had a white '90 Cutlass with perfect paint that started peeling. The primer oxidizes over time, and the topcoat lifts off. I ended up learning to paint with a HVLP gun and did much of the car myself (hood, fenders. bumpers, lower cladding) Repainting is inevitable but a worthy investment if you like the car enough. White is hard to screw up anyway, even the cheap paint jobs come out pretty good. But you're biggest cost will be the prep work.
i can atest to this statment my cutlass has the paint peeling off like a mask. i'm going to start painting it via my hvlp gun and hope the hail damage doesn't show up to badly :oops:

i am just going to paint it white again only its going to be white PRIMER too because i've taken it down to the primer and found it to be smooth as normal paint :?

High Volume Low Pressure. The paint is above the nozzle (gravity feed) it's a bit easier to use for beginners, supposedly less paint loss thru overspray.