Newbie w/ a couple of questions

NuthinFancy92GP

First of all, just want to say it's good to see so many other w-body folks out there. I think I'll probably keep my GP until I can pass it on to my son! :D

I do want to ask though, if someone can explain to me how to get to the signal light switch on a steering wheel w/ the stereo controls. I'm not sure how to get the button pad off w/o tearin' somethin' up.

By the way has anyone tried the fix listed for the "fuel light" and "check gauges" light being stuck on?

Thanks in Advance

Orlando

on my '89 i had to use a thin walled socket ( i think 7mm ? ) to remove two bolts from the back of the steering wheel 'spokes'.

this allowed for the removal of the pad.

disconnect the wire harness from the pad and use c-clip pliers to remove c-clip.

unscreww steering wheel bolt and pull steering wheel ( sometimes hard without puller ).

pull turn signal handle from left side of column...

and, if memory is correct voila !

don't know about fix, sorry...

here you go. First thing i recommend you do before anything is pull the horn fuse, cuz theres about 5 different way to accidentally set that off.

Heres the c clip, nut, and holes for where the puller bolts go in. i dont know how the hell you people are able to take the wheel off without one. ive had mine off like 5 times and each time i needed the puller. youll need a t-25 bit if u wanna undo the horn ground wire to pull those pests out. youll want to. since your wheel has the controls on it i dont know how much differnt it will look from that but imagine not much

wheelon.jpg

on the right side is ur hazard switch, its just a phillips head screw, pop the little plastic piece off then slide the plastic cover around the column towards you

wheeloff.jpg

those 6 metal contacts are part of the switch

closeoff.jpg

this is to just show u exactly all the stuff i used

tools.jpg

theres a lot more to replacing the switch. if u need anything else just ask. as for ur guage light im not sure whats causing that