RKE Wiring HELP NEEDED

terryk2003

EDIT: need more info...please scroll down to my last post...thanx!

ok...well, i'm hooking up RKE to my car which wasnt so equipt from the factory...what i'm wanting to know is :

*where is the RKE reciever box mounted from the factory?

*will my car be pre-wired for it!?..is it plug & play?

any help would be great...hopefully the reciever i got is good...and i got a fob off ebay that HOPEFULLY is good as well...thanx for any input!...

ok...well, i decided to use the SEARCH function and from what i understood its supposed to be located in the rear deck!?...well, i tore my back seat out and the carpet off the rear deck and i don't even see where its supposed to mount...let alone any wires...i mean, i was hoping it'd have some wires for it, but it might not...but, i would @ least like to know where the reciever goes so i can mount mine in the factory location...i'm uploading some pics now...if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great...

Guest TurboSedan
emptydeck1.jpg

yup....that's where it is in my Cutlass. right on the passenger side rear deck next to the 6x9 speaker. looks like you car probably isn't prewired for it :(

no...i see no wires for it...but, i don't even see two holes where its supposed to be mounted...but, anywayz, i guess i'll mess with it some more tomarrow...and i got some SERIOUS wiring to do too... :lol:

well, i went outside and looked...sure enough there are 2 holes right next to the speaker that my reciever lines right up too!!! :bash: soooo...tomarrow i get to go buy some wire and have funn...hopefully i'll have her finished up by the end of the day...

thanx for your help josh :mrgreen: ...

ok...well, i got the box installed today and i have it where the doors will unlock and lock...but thats about it...i had the uluminated entry wire hooked up to the door jamb switch, but i guess it wasnt right cause that didnt work...and i can't figure out which wires i need to hook into for the trunk release to work...so if someone can tell me where these wires go, that'd be appriciated:

*CONNECTOR C2 - Grey wire!?

* C2 - TAN!?

*C2 - Dark Blue?

*C2 - Black (white tracer)?

*C2 - Light Green?

also, are both doors supposed to unlock with one push of the unlock button!?...cause the back of the fob says just the drivers door will unlock with one push, and all will unlock if you push it twice...well, mine all unlock with one push!?...

also, are both doors supposed to unlock with one push of the unlock button!?...cause the back of the fob says just the drivers door will unlock with one push, and all will unlock if you push it twice...well, mine all unlock with one push!?...

IIRC, that's a feature that, if your car didn't come with it, is fairly hard to wire in. It requires some extra wiring or something.

ok...well, i don't need it to do that...i was just not sure if thats what it was supposed to do....

so, does anyone have the info for those wires!?... :?

BLK/WHT and LT-GRN are for the trunk release.

TAN is for the driver side unlocking I think.

Progressive unlocking requires you to cut the larger gauge TAN-WHT wire from your driver side lock and run it to the RKE module.

DK-BLU I think is for the door jamb switches.

Not sure on the GRY wire. I had sent IntlCutlass the pinouts awhile back. I have them at home, but not here at work. Maybe he can shed some light on it.

i hooked the dark blue to the door jamb switch on the drivers side...and it didnt do anything...i thought that was for the illuminated entry!?...do i have to hook it to BOTH door jambs!?...

No, I don't think you need to hook it to both jambs. What color was the wire that originally went to your jamb switches?

i hooked it up to a blue wire on the drivers door jamb switch...