Recently started a project. (long post)

jdcutty

Last weekend I started the exhaust project on my Cutty. Needless to say it is not finished yet but anyway. The original plan was to hollow out the cat, and cut some baffles out of the stock mufflers, and call it good. Well, things didn't go as planned. Hollowed out the cat no problem, got to the mufflers and found out the the baffles are welded to the inside skin, so that idea goes out the window.

Next idea, we get some pipe and just run straight pipe back. Well, it was pretty loud and it sounded like SHIT.

Next idea, we get a thrush glasspack and put it in place of the resonator. This worked to quiet it down some, but at the moment it is still unfinished. The pipe is cut off at the rear leaf. I will probably take the medical grade Stainless steel pipe that I have and use it for the tailpipes. If that is too loud still, then I will probably get another flowthrough muffler (I already have one).

What do you guys think? Do you think doing this could cause any problems in the way that the car runs/drives? I realize that there is probably not much backpressure.

Sorry for the long post.

I would just put the stock mufflers right back on...the ones on my dad's DOHC 'vert sound DAMN GOOD...although they aren't very loud.

Wait till you see my exaust plans hahaha...but I do have a 3100

My stock mufflers, were extremely quiet. I want to hear the exhaust over the motor. We can talk on Sat. at the autocross. Gonna have your camera with you?

I know how quiet the 3100 is. I cut my muffler off of that one too, and it was still pretty quiet. A lot of people were like, "This don't have a muffler on it? :shock: "

You know, it looked like rice, but man my 3.1 sounded tits with a cherry bomb just shoved on the end of the pipe where the muffler was supposed to go, and clamped up there with 75 cent muffler hangers from autozone :lol: