Finally! Pics of my Cutty!

luminator94

I finally got my lazy ass around and got the pics of my 97 Cutty on the web. Sorry about all the snow on the car, but it was about the only time the car was clean, lol. These pics are about a month or so old now, so whatever snow you see, add 2 or 3 ft :lol: But let me know what you guys think of the Cutty, these are just some quick pics, and don't harp on me about the Regal rims, their gonna be gone by spring. Thanks.

Aaron

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/coocutty/97cutlasssupremesl.JPG

Guest Anonymous

Who cares about your car. :joke: Looks good. When am I going to see it pulling in my driveway? I got a new car you you can drive if the TGP's off the road by the time you come down.

those GS rims look surprisingly good on ur cutty

Well, honestly, I can't stand those wheels. I think they are ugly on the Cutty, I cringe every time I look at them, lol. I think its cuz I'm used to the Five spoke rims and the Sawblade rims :roll:

Aaron

Well, honestly, I can't stand those wheels. I think they are ugly on the Cutty, I cringe every time I look at them, lol. I think its cuz I'm used to the Five spoke rims and the Sawblade rims :roll:

:werd: Get the 5-spokes, it would look soooooo much better IMO!

Who cares about your car. :joke: Looks good. When am I going to see it pulling in my driveway? I got a new car you you can drive if the TGP's off the road by the time you come down.

You'll see it soon. Don't forget, your giving me a 3.1 Turbo! :twisted:

Aaron

:werd: Get the 5-spokes, it would look soooooo much better IMO!

I'm acutally thinking about getting 18's on Cutty, but I don't know yet, do you think that 18's would look alright?

Aaron

I wouldn't mind putting some 18's on my Olds, but I don't want to mess with the speedometer.

Anyone know what size tire I would need for some 18's and keep the diameter of the stock 225/60-16?

I personally want the 5 spokes. Whiel I like mine now (are mine what yall call the saw blades?), i think the 5 spokes look much nicer. Thing is I dont have a set, and no one wants to give them away. That and I cant see forking over tons of money for somethign like that

Jon

The rims I want are 18x8, so how bad is that gonna throw my speedo off? I would just change the speedo to the 18's, but I'm not gonna run the 18's in the winter, just cuz I won't be able to make it around in the mountaineous terrain that I live in, so the ugly Buick rims will be running in the winter.

Aaron

Yup, the size of the rim is rather irrelevant, it's the final diameter of the tire that you have to look at. I always go to Tire Rack to check on the diameter (used to know the formula).

None at all if you go with a 245/45R18 tire.

You can also go with a 245/40R18 tire and your speedo will be off about 3%.

Thanks Shawn. I'll probly get the 45 series, I'm just trying to decide between the Bridgestone Potenza's or the Michelin Pilot Sport's. The Potenza's seem to be a better deal, and I think the tread pattern is cooler :D I'll get some pics of the rims that I'm thinking about getting soon and post 'em.

Aaron

I can vouch for Bridgstone tires, I think they make some great tires. Factory equipped tires aside that is. I used Bridgestone Poleposition S-02's on the Sub RS I once had, I could not believe how well they handled, even in the rain! Just becuase it was a sub didn't mean the original tires didn't suck, the car would still slide and drift about, but with the S0-2's it grabbed in the rain like it was dry outside. I would buy Bridgestone tires again in a heart beat.. worth the price. Come to think of it, my Cutty has Bridgestones too! heheh, Blizzaks though.

245/40R18 is usually a lot cheaper, so if price is a consideration the 3% error might not look so bad. :)

245/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sport- $267/tire :shock:

245/45/18 Bridestone Potenza RE040- $205/tire

245/40/18 Bridestone Potenza S-02- $193/tire

245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport- $249/tire

These prices are according to tirerack.com

What about Dunlop? Are they a half decent tire? I prefer Bridgestone or Michelin, but I seen quite a few Dunlops at decent prices.

Aaron