ub3 speedo problem

stockgp

my speedo and high beam indicators are not working on my ub3. the tach works fine and everything esle seems to function correctly. i don't think i got any wires crossed during the install. i know the high beam wire is getting voltage when the high beams are on, and it's in the right pin slot.

i don't imagine individual things would go bad like that, but what do i know. also, i don't remember the car that i got the ub3 from (i got the ub3 like 4 years ago) so i don't recall if it had hud or not. if this was a ub3 hud, would the speedo section be blank? mine just shows a zero no matter how fast i am going. although, it does work properly during bulb test. the vss is plugged in. how could i check if the cluster is getting a signal from the pcm or not? and anyone have any ideas about the high beam indicator?

When I first installed mine I accidentally wired up the low coolant indicator wire to the speedo wire on the ub3. On mine I had two solid green wires and none that were green with a white stripe. Also when the ub3 is powered up, make and break a connection to ground a couple of times really fast on the speedo wire and see if the mph will jump up.

The high beam indicator should light up during the bulb check, does it?

both the speedo bar graph and the high beam indicator power up during bulb test.

When I first installed mine I accidentally wired up the low coolant indicator wire to the speedo wire on the ub3. On mine I had two solid green wires and none that were green with a white stripe. Also when the ub3 is powered up, make and break a connection to ground a couple of times really fast on the speedo wire and see if the mph will jump up.

i don't get what you mean. you mean like stick a pin in with the speedo wire on the plug and ground it a bunch of times?

i don't get what you mean. you mean like stick a pin in with the speedo wire on the plug and ground it a bunch of times?

Yeah do just that. It is something like an average of 4000 pulses in a minute to get 60mph but I was actually able to get the thing to shoot up to like 120 for a split second. Or you could try a setup like pixel used when he attempted to roll the odometer over, using his computer and sine wave software... his setup is a good idea and works well. However if all you want to do is test the thing making a quick groud connection quickly should make the speedo jump.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28311