Question about Z34 wheels

Kalgorn

A few days ago I was at work and saw a sweeeeeeeeeeeeet Maui Blue Z34 in the parking lot. Goddamn this thing was clean... only thing I could find wrong was a ding on the hood. Was sooooo clean. Even the exhaust tips were clean! :lol:

I looked at the wheels and the "inserts", I guess you could call them, were painted black. Was this some sort of option for Z34s? It actually made the Z34 wheels appealing.

yup same as the Euros.

90-92 Euros had all silver wheels(as same as 91-92 Z34s)

93-94 Euros had silver wheels with black painted inserts(Same as 93-94 Z34s)

Damn... I love the black inserts... they make the wheels 10x nicer.

it does make them look nicer, but neither style are worth getting excited over..

Personally I like the gray over the black. I had black on my old '92 and hated them.

Well I find the gray are tougher to keep clean. Cleaning the inserts is a bitch... it's too much surface area and the inserts are too small of an opening to clean very well. I haven't actually cleaned my wheels in probably 10 months.

Any pics of the wheels in question..like what these inserts look like and stuff??? Lol, I don't have a very good photographic memory, so please help em out with a picture or two lol, thanks!

Any pics of the wheels in question..like what these inserts look like and stuff??? Lol, I don't have a very good photographic memory, so please help em out with a picture or two lol, thanks!

Black inserts:

144713_17_full.jpg

Gray inserts (mine):

lumina3.jpg

Thanks! I was thinking about doing the black insert thing on my Lumina...but shit I didn't know that GM actually made wheels like what I had envisioned lol....

Personally, I wanted to paint mine black like that first pic because my wheels are ALWAYS coated with brake dust in where the black part is....IMHO, much easier to keep clean :D...thanks for the pics....but I guess my idea was taken from me 12 years ago lol...

- Jeff L.

Thanks! I was thinking about doing the black insert thing on my Lumina...but shit I didn't know that GM actually made wheels like what I had envisioned lol....

Personally, I wanted to paint mine black like that first pic because my wheels are ALWAYS coated with brake dust in where the black part is....IMHO, much easier to keep clean :D...thanks for the pics....but I guess my idea was taken from me 12 years ago lol...

- Jeff L.

That's why I wish my wheels had the black inserts too. They get really dirty from brake dust and are way too tough to clean.

it does make them look nicer, but neither style are worth getting excited over..

:werd:

i prefer the black inserts over the plain silver ones, but i agree with jeremy...regardless what color, they still arent drop dead gorgeous

i prefer the black inserts over the plain silver ones, but i agree with jeremy...regardless what color, they still arent drop dead gorgeous

Definately true.

:werd:

:werd: To tell you the truth, I think these wheels are pretty damn ugly myself.

When you have 14in rims (If you want to call them that) that are stained brown because of rust, those are the best thing you're car can get. I need good wheels. :bawl: