Pics of My project

Jostran911

Yep I had a car that Bro wreck with a 94 3100 and only 40,000 miles. waiting for downpipe and finish the wiring and I will be done...Jack

why does it have a 3800 TB/MAF on it :?:

i was wondering the same thing!???

It came out of a Beretta/Corsica if I remember correctly. He asked a little while ago if the engine mounts are different...

Guest TurboSedan
why does it have a 3800 TB/MAF on it :?:

i was wondering the same thing!???

It came out of a Beretta/Corsica if I remember correctly.

i don't think it would make a difference. was there such a thing as a MAF controlled 3100?

Yep I had a car that Bro wreck with a 94 3100 and only 40,000 miles. waiting for downpipe and finish the wiring and I will be done...Jack

But he says its a 94 motor

94 is nto maf however your would need the maf if using the 96+ harness, which is all ODBII. A good idea honestly because having ODBII opens you up to being about to use performance tunes. However you will also need a second O2 sensor or a spoof.

Also see if you can find a wrecked 99GA and get the upper and lower intake or hell the entire top end off of it.

Ive manged to pick up whole 3400 topeends for less than $100 at the right yard.

Also see if you can find a wrecked 99GA and get the upper and lower intake or hell the entire top end off of it.

Ive manged to pick up whole 3400 topeends for less than $100 at the right yard.

I got mine for around $150 without gaskets. It's worth the effort, IMO.

are 3100's never had that type of MAF sensor setup any how, also did some checking the Ciera did use that type of Maf sensor

are 3100's never had that type of MAF sensor setup any how, also did some checking the Ciera did use that type of Maf sensor

3100s did get MAF after 96 but there were no ODBII cars with maf till late 95/96

Where there ODBI equipped cars with MAF? I dont think there were but I could be wrong.

3100s did get MAF after 96 but there were no ODBII cars with maf till late 95/96

Where there ODBI equipped cars with MAF? I dont think there were but I could be wrong.

yeah its called 94-95 3.4 DOHC's. thank you come again!

blow me goat boy :P no one cares about the dohc, not even you, traitor

gee thanks :roll:

It was friendly humor with a friend, lighten up. i know joe fairly well so we can pick at eachother like that. please talk to me in pm if you want to discuss further so the thread doesn't go off topic.

Guest TurboSedan
great is this going to cause me more troubles in hooking up all this stuff...? aany input ..... thanks

uh back on topic...

Jostran911 - are you using the '91 Cutlass engine wiring harness and ECM to control the 3100? if so you'll need to ditch the MAF stuff. i'm not sure if that would include the throttle body or not.

if you are running the 3100 on batch fire '91 MPFI elecronics, you definately don't want the MAF there.