Removed my louvres

Kalgorn

It's incredible the amount of heat that pours out of these things with the underhood covers removed... holy hell. As soon as I turn the car on I can see the heat radiating out of them.

Now I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there any risks to be had with running the car with the louvres removed? It doesn't seem like there would be but can someone reassure this thought?

I dunno if I'd really want them off during rain. At least not during down-pours.

Takin them off on a nice hot sunny day would be ideal.

I dunno if I'd really want them off during rain. At least not during down-pours.

Takin them off on a nice hot sunny day would be ideal.

That's what I was wondering. Possible corrosion could set in due to things underhood getting wet.

i have drivven with them off it is not the worst thing. but on the drivers side the intake is open and water gets in. and on the pass side the computer. so if i see it looking like it is going to rain i will throw them on. but if you take them off on the highway the air gets sucked out like a vaccum and decrease the temp a lot

LOL...Fiero's have large louvers that get rained on all the time. The engine, while probably not the best thing, survives. My favorite is when coming to a stop in the rain...all the rain water on the deck goes forward and falls on the front exhaust manifold/converter, steam bath city.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Did you completely remove the louvers or the drip pans? I know what you mean about the heat. The turbo motor creates even more heat due to the turbo. :shock: