What the hell!!! THIS CAN'T BE!!!! Everyone read!!!!

gmrulz4u

that's total bullshit! there's nothing wrong with having a personalized car! I don't think they realize that people get bigger rubber, wings/spoilers and everything else, not only to go 'faster', but to stand out and be different! that's really what its all about! sure its nice to be the fastest, but it's equally just as nice to look the best! they're basically going to make everyone's cars be 'stock'. It's like having to wear a uniform at school, which is one reason i'm in public school and not private/catholic! What I don't get is the whole dual exhaust thing. how are they going to enforce that? a lot of cars come stock with duals...what are they going to tell me that Cutlasses (for example) don't come with duals? well some do! that's rediculous....but i don't think it will be passed. a LOT of influential people will be VERY unhappy if it does get passed. One other thing.....doesn't it COST the gov't money to impound cars?

To me, it sounds like what they would be doing is snatching up people in predetermined places. I don't know how I can possibly say that it looks worse than it is, but for some reason I have that feeling. To be honest, I think people that ride in 12" spoke wheels with 5" of tire sticking out from under their 1985 4-door rusted Civic should have their cars impounded for stupidity anyway.... ok that's just me though. I know you "can" in some places get a ticket for having a blower/scoop that sits too tall, thereby creating a dangerous driving condition.

I agree with OldsmoBeast, there is no way something like that could get passed. Even if it does, maybe it will get rid of some of the ricers out there :D To be honest, I have yet to see any person on this site that has a car that would seem to fit this bill. If it did get passed, a lot of "dumb" looking cars would be removed from the streets, heheh can't be all bad.

OK, (just for a retake here...) the reason i mentioned the whole 'influential people business is because of the following: my older brother lives in Downtown Toronto, and for all of you who have seen TO in the summer, you'll know it's a great city. I used to make it routine to drive down to the "T-Dot" and pay my brother a visit. While in Toronto, I would always see the latest, nicest cars...there's a lot of money in the city. But not only would i see the newest nicest cars, i would see some of the nicest modified cars. I think it was Shawn Desmond who i saw this summer (he's a 'pop' singer with a couple of new singles out) driving down Lakeshore drive in a custom Mercedes SL convertible with huge chrome wheels and tiny tires.....that was the only visible mod on the car but it definately looked hot. Do you think Shawn will want to "chill" in his 'Hometown' of Toronto with a bill like 241 being passed? Sure the cops might save him the hassle because he's famous around here, but what if they don't? don't you think he'd rather hang out in a different province, or in the states? Would you blame him?