turn signals make interior lights dim.

kadeas

When my turn signals flash, the rest of my interior lights dim. I have a rebuilt alternator, and an Optima battery, both are only 2 months old.

Anyone else have this prob.?

You're saying that it is normal? I can completely disconnect my sterio system and it still does it. You can even hear the heater bog down a bit everytime the t-signal flashes.

Check to see if it the lights dim any other times. Like when you step on the brakes, or put the car into reverse. My Moms 97 lumina was doing that same thing, and it turned out to be a loose ground connection comming off the battery.

Every W I've had, if the car is off and the interior lights are on and the turn signal is on will do that.

Also if you have the interior lights on and you're driving and the lights dim when you step on the pedal. I feel that's normal too.

Check to see if it the lights dim any other times. Like when you step on the brakes, or put the car into reverse. My Moms 97 lumina was doing that same thing, and it turned out to be a loose ground connection comming off the battery.

I had that problem too, in fact my car would randomly stall sometimes because the connection was so bad. Check the auxilary positive battery post up on the drivers side strut tower to make sure the nut is tight. I'll bet its just a bad ground causing your problems.

I'll check the gronds from the battery tomarrow. I was thinking about upgrading the pos. and neg. wires coming off the battery, could I use the same 1/0 wire as I use for my amplifiers, or does it need to be a specific type of wire?