Put GTP badges on side of car?

kadeas

I saw a blue Euro with 94-96 GP 5 spokes and 1st Gen GTP badges on the trunk and doors :lol:

it passed me on the highway and i was like wtf?? the wheels stuck out a good few inches from the fenders

Ok all...scratch the badge upgrade. Also, I just bought the GTP trunk mat, got a good deal on it, to use as a template to make up a few. I'm taking the GTP one off soon and replacing it with one that has an audio component diagram on it. It should come out nice. I tried to make one up from scratch but couldn't get the outer edge just right. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the GTP one let me know.

BTW- If you think the GTP badge looks tacky, stop and take a real good look at the 3 foot PGP badge on the back of an SE...everyone must agree that the GTP badge looks alot nicer, and makes the ass end look alot cleaner.

Thanks for all the feedback on this anyway!

Ok all...scratch the badge upgrade. Also, I just bought the GTP trunk mat, got a good deal on it, to use as a template to make up a few. I'm taking the GTP one off soon and replacing it with one that has an audio component diagram on it. It should come out nice. I tried to make one up from scratch but couldn't get the outer edge just right. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the GTP one let me know.

BTW- If you think the GTP badge looks tacky, stop and take a real good look at the 3 foot PGP badge on the back of an SE...everyone must agree that the GTP badge looks alot nicer, and makes the ass end look alot cleaner.

Thanks for all the feedback on this anyway!

ill put it this way, if you dont have a 3.4 DOHC or FE3 suspension....dont pretend. i have to put my two cents in on this one. why even require badges? debadged looks perfectly fine....but representing shit you dont have is the definitive notion of "ricing" and is beyond insulting.

Just wondering, did anyone even think I was working on converting my se to a gtp, including the engine swap? Ya, uh, ya that's what I was doing. From the negative responses, I'll end this with: that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :lol:

Guest Anonymous
stop and take a real good look at the 3 foot PGP badge on the back of an SE...

Um, excuse you, I happen to like my decal package. :!:

Just wondering, did anyone even think I was working on converting my se to a gtp, including the engine swap? Ya, uh, ya that's what I was doing. From the negative responses, I'll end this with: that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :lol:

why waste your money with a 3.4 dohc? seriously...

ok...my 2cents now!

debadging looks the best by far! yes, it would pry look a little ricey/silly if you'd put GTP badges on anything less than a GTP. BUT if you swap in a DOHC, I personally don't see the harm in expressing to everyone that you have a DOHC, which in most cases equals a GTP for Pontiac anyway

stop and take a real good look at the 3 foot PGP badge on the back of an SE...

Um, excuse you, I happen to like my decal package. :!:

Sorry, it's just my opinion. Maybe my old badges wouldn't have looked soooo bad, if there wasn't rust forming where the rear bumper meets the trunk. :( Also, I din't say I hatted the stock badges, hell, I've left them on for 5 yrs. now, If I thought they looked that bad they would have been gone long ago. It just sucked every time I would pull up behind a GTP and know what I could have had. Had I known then what I know now I would have a true GTP and wouldn't have spent countless hours looking for the parts I needed to have what a GTP has. Not to mention the extra money I've spent on those parts, but now my GP is kind of unique I guess. SEwannabeGTP! :shrug: Could be worse...I could be typing on some HondBS site! :lol:

ok...my 2cents now!

debadging looks the best by far! yes, it would pry look a little ricey/silly if you'd put GTP badges on anything less than a GTP. BUT if you swap in a DOHC, I personally don't see the harm in expressing to everyone that you have a DOHC, which in most cases equals a GTP for Pontiac anyway

So you really couldn't tell it was a fake unless you opened the hood, so really it wouldn't make it look ricey, it would look like a GTP. But I agree, it is silly to even want a counterfeit. OK guys... I am not putting GTP badges on my load, with 100% voting no I'm going with the crowd!