Prolong Lubricants

19Cutlass94

I was just wondering, if anyone has used any of the products that Prolong has, and how good they work. Or is this just another one of those things where it doesnt do jack even though it says it will do all these great things and such. Becuase I know up at my work, nobody has bought any of this stuff in so long, that they dont even stack it on the shelves anymore, even though they have it in stock.

Incase anybody wants to know what products they have, http://www.prolong.com

damn..you need to lay off the infomercials...personally, i don't put anything in my car that isnt supposed to be there...so, NO, i havent used it or any other additives...

lucas oil additive causes the oil to foam up, stay away from that. The Lucas Trans stuff I've heard is some good stuff though.

As for prolong, I bought a 2.8 cutty with 170K on the clock. From day one I used full synthetic motor oil and prolong every 5 or 6K miles when I changed the oil. Engine ran just as good at 210K when it went to the scrapper. I still use prolong today. I put the Prolong transmission treatment in and it made my car shift so much smoother and quicker.

Prolong has a tendancy to sit on the bearings on the motor, which causes them to wear out faster then oil alone.

Lucas oil treatment is good shit, the foaming BS is bob the oil guy who causes the oil to foam with the lucas additive by spinning it thru gears at RPMS no street motor will turn. I run lucas oil additive in the 4.3 in my blazer with 160k, it keeps the oil from drooling out the rear main seal, the oil pressure @ 50psi at idle and the inside of my valve covers are clean as can be expected.

just another one of those things where it doesnt do jack even though it says it will do all these great things and such.

Additives are bad.

I used the Lucas additive in my engine on my last oil change because it was slowly burning a little oil. I've been checking it now every so often for about 2 weeks and the oil level hasn't changed. I plan to use Lucas in my engine for the next couple changes just to be sure.

Prolong has a tendancy to sit on the bearings on the motor, which causes them to wear out faster then oil alone.

Lucas oil treatment is good shit, the foaming BS is bob the oil guy who causes the oil to foam with the lucas additive by spinning it thru gears at RPMS no street motor will turn. ...

Pfft.

Over here at the local murrays they have the 3 gear setup with a little hand (more like finger) crank for you to turn it.

It gets as frothy as a Mad dog on Rosie O'donnell (or how ever you spell that fat fuck's name)

It's an additive. Use good oil to start out with and you should be fine.

The only shit I'll touch is the Auto-RX from BITOG...