more UB3 Help please? (Update at bottom)

Psych0matt

Narrowed everything down, I have two loose wires still, a thick brown one and a white one. c6 and c10 are open, the dimmer doesnt work, and the right blinker doesnt work on the cluster (still works, just not the indicator). anyone with more knowledge than me know what to do?

I'm pretty sure that you don't need the white or brown wire. White was the old tach. C6 is unused since you have an auto. YOUR C3 has a bad connection. On the page with directions it tells you not to use one of the pink/blks but I found I had to. In case you don't know you will need to run a wire from the ALDL (the thing you use to get the engine codes) to the cluster. It tells the RPMs. It is orange at the ALDL and runs to C13. I'll try to find my sheet that tells where the wires go, but I think I pitched it.

I got the tach (c13) working, I mostly want the dimmer to work. the right blinker indicator would be nice too, but not as important. besides, that one is just probably in the wrong spot. so yes, help me get it to dim 8)

You should have a yellow and one brown. There may be some white on the brown, but I doubt it. The yellow goes to C10 and the brown to D10. Make sure you have those in the right spot and make sure they are connected good.

BTW, the right turn should be a dark blue wire.

PROBLEM!!!

No second yellow wire. I have a thick brown, and a white, neither of which work for the dimmer (in c10) the brown is in d10, and I'm stumped, help?

Dude, you are doing it on a 94? If it works, let me know, I COMPLETELY fucked up my dash when I tried to do it. Ended up having to take it to my dealer and having them rewire it.

The directions are wrong, man I wish I wrote what I did down,

When I hooked it up like the directions say, the check enginr light would come on with the headlights. You really need a wiring diagram! I had a service manual when I did mine.

Let me look at home too see if I have it written down.

well, everything works except the dimmer so far, thats all I need for it to work :willynilly: (well, and a sender and a few bulbs!) anyone? Oh, but the english/metric button dims with everything else...

Guest TurboSedan
On the page with directions it tells you not to use one of the pink/blks but I found I had to.

i had to use that wire too. my alternator wouldn't turn on and charge the battery without it. what's wierd is that it worked fine without it back when my Cutlass used the original engine wiring harness, but when i swapped in the 5-speed (along with the '90 GP 3.1/5-speed engine harness) it wouldn't work. i was totally stumped and finally just brought it to the dealer. it ended up being the pink/black wire.