Help!!! Need info on gas tank replacement asap!!!

3pt1lumina

Ok working on my buddies 93 Regal.. Putting a new gas tank in is quite a PITA. The removal of the old tank went fine and now we are fighting the bolts for the straps above the leaf springs. Is there an easy way to get those off ? We cannot get a 3/8 drive or 1/2 drive w/ a ratchet in there. The only way we can figure is to use a 15mm combo wrench. If anyone knows of a better way please let us know asap.. I'll keep everyone posted as to our progress.

And I appologize upfront if this is posted in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where to post it.

Damnit, I wish I knew who did the write up on replacing the gas tank on their GP...probably close to replacing on a regal...all I remember is it is a blue GP and the write-up is on his website...sorry man

Hmm, looks like he couldn't get a ratchet on those bolts either...sorry I couldn't help lol

Hope you get it all done though :D:D

And thanks GP1138 for the link:D

ah damn, yea getting a ratchet into there is nearly impossible. we never did try a 1/4 drive that may work. Those instructions are good thank you all!

If anyone else comes up with suggestions, we're open to them.Thank you again

Hmm, looks like he couldn't get a ratchet on those bolts either...sorry I couldn't help lol

Hope you get it all done though :D:D

And thanks GP1138 for the link:D

LOL...ya..those bolts are impossible. I didn't remove remove them. I just dropped the tank by sliding it out the front and then slid it back up. If I had to remove those bolts, I'd cut the straps and try again. With the straps gone and the tank out, that should give you more space to break them free with a wrench. Lots of PB blaster....lots of it...over days, might help. Dam rust...I've gotta drop that dam tank again too...my O ring seal didn't seal so good, so it's stinks when my tank is full.

Good luck.