My 91 Lumina L67 Swap

deafmetal

Whatcha think of my Swap?  

1. 1. Whatcha think of my Swap?

• Kicks ass!
    • You're crazy!
    • My twin-turbo Gremlin was better!

That is one nice-ass looking Lumina and that means a lot from me. The Lumina never really did anything for me but yours looks awesome! Thats a car I would certainly own! Nice Job!!!

Jason

I SERIOUSLY appreciate the kind words!! My site has been up for quite some time, but hasn't gotten any publicity, mostly due to me waiting until the swap was complete to advertise it.

So basically, besides Tom, you guys are the first to see it. This "project" has been hell for a number of reasons, but it's all downhill now. I could do this in 3 months or less now that I know what I'm doing and what to expect.

I had the local Chevy dealership install the Z34 hood, Razzi ground effects, and paint it. Complete color change including all door jams, underhood, etc... Lifetime nationwide warranty, been in the military for 9 years, I travel alot, so it made sense. The quality of work, and the notion that every little complaint I have, they fix, was well worth it.

Man, that is one hell of a job man. That makes me want to start saving money now for an L67 swap. Man that Lumina really looks sharp too, and now you have one awesome sleeper. I would get that smaller diameter S/C pulley ASAP and get that bad boy up over 300HP!!

I must say it's a complete change from what it was before.. and it's a change for the better, that's for sure! Looks good!

I'll add your link to my website when I get the ambition to work on it. I get some decent traffic in a days time, so I hope some of that will help you out.

looks nice. i am just not a fan of the grey/silver luminas. they are just everywhere around here. next in line are the maroon ones.

curious as to why you did not just repaint it white?

Monty

I love everything except the tires. I hate raised letter tires.

Looks awesome and the job looks like a job well done. Congrats on a badass car!!!

-Tom

Well, the reason I use the Goodyear Eagle #1's is because I'm a die-hard NASCAR nut who can't afford a real racecar...lol

Good for you (not sarcastic) I think its cool that you did it for that reason, and now that I understand the reasoning, I've changed my mind on the statement the car makes with those tires.

Awesome car, I'm very jealous!!!

-Tom

Beautiful!

While I am not a fan of raised letter tires, I do love the Eagle #1's, Had a set on my 85 t-bird, looked great with the midnight blue metallic paint. I think they look great on the Lumina.

Yeah, was overall MUCH cheaper to do this to my Lumina than buy a new car. The loan to do the work cost 1/3 of what a new car payment and insurance would cost. And I have the thing fully insured listing every receipt and mod I've done, so if wrecked, I'll get a much fairer estimate rather than just Blue book.

DROOL :shock: SWEET CAR!!!!!!! oh god i love your car. Can i ask if u don't mind how much the color change paint job was? I need to get some ideas, my car is also white and i want it that color or a dark blue. Again your car is soo beautiful. Good work. Now all you need is mint condition factory wheels..... JMO

-JAY-

Uh..... Factory wheels suck IMHO, but thanks for the kudos!!

For any color change, your looking at around $3500 for a quality job + any parts that cannot be fixed for prep; + gaskets, moldings, etc...

Keep in mind that re-painting the car will bring out EVERY ding, dent, flaw, etc... So the $$$ is not in the paint, it's in all the associated labor.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good job. Welcome to the "club".

Been checkign yr progress on the yr site for a while now..but i didnt see any posted so i was wondering. Good that you are done, now start modding :)