waxed the cutty and such... oo baby...

wally05

Hey guys, I was bored and Just thought I'd share that even though it is still on jack stands and jack awaiting my tools to arrive, I washed and waxed my cutty with Meguiar's 3 stage clean, polish, and wax and it is freaking beautiful. I took pics, I will post when I'm not sick.... I think I caught something yesterday while washing it. Took 2.5 hours to do...

Korey

Nice...man why is everyone so much faster at everything then me lol...god damnit I'm an obsolete piece of shit....usually takes me the better part of a day to do a nice job with the 3 step system....I posted pics of my dad's Tauurs a few weeks ago after an afternoon and 3 step wax and shit..

I still have to do the 3 step with my Lumina after it stops being such shitty weather hear...I got it clay barred then it started raining :(

The 3 step works like this: 1. Mildly abvaisve paint cleaner, 2. (Optional) polish, 3. Protection - WAX!!!!

or atr least thats how Meguiar's works.

I'm thinking about stripping the wax that Aaron put on and doing this.

Clay Bar, Meguirs 3 step, Liquid Glass? Any suggestions?

Can I use an electric buffer for the clay bar (I think it is 3K RPM)

???

No... the clar bar is exactly what it sounds like.. a bar of some form of clay. You need to lube the surface before using it (mother's includes a detailing spray to use whenever there's resistance against the bar on the paint).

You just drag it across the paint repeatedly.. no hard pressure required. and you certainly can't apply it mechanically.