Badges coming off this weekend

jdcutty

weather permitting, the badges will be coming off this weekend. I will be using a hair dryer to loosen them. What is the best thing for getting the Gooey residue off?

when i removed my pinstripes i used acidtone to take the sticky crap off, however i no longer care about my paint since the car is getting repainted shortly..

WD40 works great to losen up and remove the badges along with dental floss or fishing line. I've never done it with a hairdryer although I'm sure that would help.

Jdcutty: there are like 2 bages on a '94!!! lol

seriously, I am watching this topic closely because I think my dad should take the bumpstrips off his '94 Convertible

Jdcutty: there are like 2 bages on a '94!!! lol

seriously, I am watching this topic closely because I think my dad should take the bumpstrips off his '94 Convertible

you sir are wrong, There are at least 5. 2 DOHC, 3 Cutlass Supreme (doors and deck lid).

I agree with the second part though. He should take off the bumb strips, it looks a lot cleaner w/o them.

So my plan now is to heat em with the hairdryer, spray em with WD, remove them with fishing line, and clean as necessary with goo gone. Sound Good?

BTW, before and after pics will be posted.

you sir are wrong, There are at least 5. 2 DOHC, 3 Cutlass Supreme (doors and deck lid).

I agree with the second part though. He should take off the bumb strips, it looks a lot cleaner w/o them.

Forgot abou the DOHC badges but there is really one on your trunk? We have 3 1994's and none of them have a Cutlass Supreme Badge on the trunk. I usually only see those badges the trunk lid on '95-'97's...

Mine: built 10/93

100_0055.jpg

My Dad's 'Vert...Built 6/94

100_0081.JPG

Don't have a pic of my sister's but they all have original paint...the 3100's have just the emblems on the door (Cutlass Supreme SL) and the 'vert has the door emblems (just Cutlass Supreme) and the DOHC badges

I looked when i got out of work, and it doesnt have one on the truck, my mistake. I was thinking it did like my 93 did. Of course, The deck lid for that was from a j/y thanks to the happy thieves of Flint ruining the factory one. So I only have 4 to take off.

BTW, did you talk to your sister about the wheels? How are the tires on them?

I haven't yet...I plan to talk to her tomorrow...She would probably want to keep her tires...even though they probably have about 10% of the tread before the wear indicators...they are like Roadmaster tires or something anyway. the old sawblades i have don't have any tires on them...the clearcoat is missing from some pretty big spots on them...but they are your winter wheels.

I haven't yet...I plan to talk to her tomorrow...She would probably want to keep her tires...even though they probably have about 10% of the tread before the wear indicators...they are like Roadmaster tires or something anyway. the old sawblades i have don't have any tires on them...the clearcoat is missing from some pretty big spots on them...but they are your winter wheels.

Alright, mine still have the tires on them. The rims are in Perfect condition so I'll have to think about it. Send some pics if you get a chance, and she wants mine.

I just had mine debadged, and took the pinstripe off. They used an air tool to take off the pinstriping, it worked great, and my GP looks 100% better, much cleaner looking. They used a plastic spatula thing to debadge it, it came out ok.