My new shift knob

19Cutlass94

This afternoon, I finally get to install the new shift knob I got about a week ago. The only day I get off from work and Im going to make good time of it! This is the shift knob that Im working with, http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2003085/showCustom-0/p-2003085/N-111+10201+600002735/c-10101 , the chrome and C/F.

Picture of the interior that its going in.

803598_48_full.jpg

Ill have some pictures up tonight once I get it installed.

Get a Lumina THandle.. Seriously.. I know the Cutty one looks stupid.. The Lumina one is so cool.. That is so ricey, I dont like it much at all..

I really do like the T-style shifter....the cutlass one is actually pretty comfortable to begin with...its not like we are banging gears all the time or anything with our 4t60-e's! :mrgreen:

Well today, I put the new shift knob on, Ive never seen on like that on a car so I decided to buy it and see what it would look like, to see if I would like it or not. At first it looked ok because it was just different from the stock shift knob. After I got it on, I drove around for a little bit. After looking at it for a while, I agree, it does look a little out of place. I got home and was swtiching back and forth between the one I bought and the stock. I did that for a little bit and decided that I like the stock one better. But I basically bought the shift knob because like I said Ive never seen on on a car before and I though it might look decent. so if your wondering, Yes the Stock shift knob is still on.

Ill still post some pictures of what it looked like when the shift knob was on there, just so that everyone can point and laugh and say how stupid, ricey, whatever ya wanna say :lol:

I prefer my Regal shifter. It has the same button pushing feel as the one you got. It's leather. It is more of a joystick feel than the t-handles.

I flip mine into neutral a lot at stop lights because my tranny has kind of a deep groan when in drive and stopped, especially when the brake boost motor kicks in(PMIII-ABS). So I like the feel of just backhand slapping it into drive. I generally get more of a fighter pilot feel.

000_0117a.jpg 000_0119a.jpg

Cobra Heads OWN ALL!!! (Especially the leather wrapped ones.) Talk about effortless shifting. Just grab it and go. You can bet that as long as I own a car with a console shifter, it'll have a Cobra Head knob on it :D ...

After having the Regal shift knob in a Grand Prix for a year, I can attest to this: Regal shift knobs look like SHIT in anything that isn't a Regal.
the Regal knob is a personal preferance. i prefer the regal shifter knob over the stock cutlass one because of the way it feels. also it doesn't look like shit to me in a cutlass supreme :?