A few questions about installing rear buckets into a Lumina

5speedz34

So me and a friend are putting rear buckets into my Z34. Everything seems to be fine, except it looks like we are going to have to cut some of the rear metal to make the pass through fit right.

I really don't know many people who have done this, if they can give me some tips that would be great.

Thanks.

Grand Prix into a Lumi.

It just looks like some custom work is going to need to be done, because the sheetmetal behind the seats are different.

definetly not, the pass thru is low enough to clear the metal where the upper seat hooks go. Unless they changed something in the Lumina, but my '89, '90 and '95 Olds have the same sheetmetal in the back.

Well, when I put the rear molded trim that has the pass through on it, there is a big piece of white metal that sticks down.

I can take pics tommorow.

Mind you you're taking seats from a Cutlass into another Cutlass.

Guest Anonymous

When I gutted the GTP, there was some sort of what looked like a removable sheetmetal piece that had a cutout for the pass-through. You could probably usesomething like that for your installation. Like said, the passthrough is pretty low.

If alll else fails, just carpet over the little door :P

The little door is sweet. I have a sheetmetal thing running across the bottom of the pass through that I had to put in.

I'll get pics up tonight.

Well, when I put the rear molded trim that has the pass through on it, there is a big piece of white metal that sticks down.

I can take pics tommorow.

Mind you you're taking seats from a Cutlass into another Cutlass.

seats yeah, but the pass thru was from a GP. U got me curious here, lol.