Mini quad head lights

W_bodylover

Hey all

I'm thinking of getting a 93 Grand prix 4 door. but i hate the way the open face looks with the light bar. so i was thinking what would have to be done to get these mini quad head lights to fit and work properly? thanks for any info

Guest Anonymous

Yeah the BYP miniquad fascia will swap, you need all the mounting brackets and wiring harnesses, though. I considered it for my sedan until Precious came along.

Just so you know, mini-quads SUCK at night.

i disagree...mini-quads are TITS!!...if ya swap em in, i'd recommend the sylvania silverstar upgrade!...

Just so you know, mini-quads SUCK at night.

i disagree...mini-quads are TITS!!...if ya swap em in, i'd recommend the sylvania silverstar upgrade!...

Yeah do the upgrade for sure. They are sexy looking lights no doubt, but the stock ones aren't very bright.

Well is there anything else i could do to cover that center peice in the light bar to only leave the the headlamps and fog lamps like on the 88-90 Coupe.

Why not put a 88-90 SE front end on? I think they look good and the lights work good. The trim would probably match your car better too...

That's was my original plan... but i would also change the sides (taking off the trim) and the rear bumper also. so what else would i need to do?

Anyone know anything about doing the 90 coupe swap over to a 93 Sedan? such as the things i will need? and are the ridges on the side of the sedan on a 93 held in with clips and pins?

Yea, but many people say the Mini quads aren't the best.....but then again if i don't get the 4 door GP then i'd get a 95 B4U so either way i'd still have the mini quads. ...so how long of a project do you think swaping on a BYP front end would be?

Guest Anonymous

I dont know, depends how handy you are... maybe 2 days? Remember, you need to remove the light bar assy/ front bumper, install the new bumper, all the miniquad brackets and housing, and install the miniquad wiring. Its not an easy job, its also not unduable...

2 days??? i should hope not. i haven't done it but if you have all the parts there it shoulden't take but a few hours. mabie 2 days if you goto several junkyards to find the parts.

• 5 months later...

You can't.

Your options are:

A) Get the base model GP front bumper (even some sedans had this without a lightbar). size-wise, it will match the rest of the cladding on the car (i.e. won't stick out an inch or so at the wheel wells). But, it doesn't look that great and the lines probably won't match.

B) Get the whole body kit from a coupe, bumpers, side clading, etc. Get a whole lot of fiberglass. Good luck.

The side clading that goes on the door panels are not a direct fit from the coupe.. obivously, because you now have four doors. You'd need to hack them up and fiberglass them to make it look right.

C) Just use the coupe front and rear bumper without side clading. Result:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/218846/4

Please, don't be like him. If you're gonna go for it, work that side clading on.