Special edition GP????

1990lumina

I was out car shopping with my dad yesterday since it was a holiday in Canada and both me and him were bored.

So, at one dealership, there was a GP that caught my eye.

It looked weird from far away, and as I got closer I found it had different hood louvers, and had two plastic strips going along the roof from the front to back...it was loaded with a sunrood, diffeent wheels I believe...and all the other options.

And when I looked inside (I should mention it was a 2 door coupe) and the door panels had badging that said "GP Special Edition"...

So, I was wondering what is so special about it other then a different hood and some badges and two plastic strips on the roof lol???

Looked like a nice car, and it was also the 97+ body style if that helps..

Thanks

- Jeff L.

I don't know because it was backed in against a fence so I didn't really get a good look at the ass end...but it could have for all I know.

It was way in the back of the lot (Toyota dealership) and my dad wanted to get going so I didn't really have much time to look at it, just walked up to it, looked inside and went back to the car to leave

special edition made in 2001, anniversary edition (2002), and limited edition (2003).

se were black with gray/black interior, loaded, different spoiler, special wheels, roof thing, different heat extractors, dual outlet chrome resonator tips (exhaust sounds meaner than regular models, ae same as se but dark reddish color and reddish/black interior, le white faced gauges, hipo torque star wheels, loaded. se in gt and gtp. no performance mods (need a gtx for that), but look a lot nicer than regular models (IMO). info best to my knowledge. not really worth any more than regular models.

special edition made in 2001, anniversary edition (2002), and limited edition (2003).

se were black with gray/black interior, loaded, different spoiler, special wheels, roof thing, different heat extractors, dual outlet chrome resonator tips (exhaust sounds meaner than regular models, ae same as se but dark reddish color and reddish/black interior, le white faced gauges, hipo torque star wheels, loaded. se in gt and gtp. no performance mods (need a gtx for that), but look a lot nicer than regular models (IMO). info best to my knowledge. not really worth any more than regular models.

Cool, thanks for the info!

Special Edition GP's of any year are pimpin!!

two-tone leather interior, hud, dic, louvered hood, batman spoiler, Spec. Ed. rims, and "roof rails" i guess you call 'em

...my mom used to have an '01 Spec Ed sedan 8)

Special Edition GP's of any year are pimpin!!

two-tone leather interior, hud, dic, louvered hood, batman spoiler, Spec. Ed. rims, and "roof rails" i guess you call 'em

...my mom used to have an '01 Spec Ed sedan 8)

I've seen them in several places referred to as either roof rails or roof "fences."