97-99 GP DIC compared to 00+ DIC

runt

Are there any differences in the wiring of them?

I saw one in a 99 GP GT at a dealer this weekend (I always check out GP's even though I just got mine) and noticed that it was quite different from mine, actually to the point that I like that one better. Mine just had the pic of the car on it that lights up, while the other one seems to have a screen on it. If they are interchangable I might look to change mine out. I am pretty much certain that the GTP's and GT's did get different ones and are wired different, due to the boost gauge and what not.

if anyone knows, please repsond!

the one with the screen is the upgraded GTP one, and needs to be comp;leted rewired for the fuel economy stuff.

My mom has a '97 GP GT...we bought it brand new and it has one with the screen...plus with the way GM is i doubt it needs to be rewired

Guest Anonymous

some GT's came with the screen version as an upgrade, but to upgrade from the base one to the screen one, it definetly needs to be rewired. I *had* the wiring diagrams, and they are quite different.

Well...that kinda blows. I forgot about the fuel economy stuff on that. Damn. Maybe I'lljust keep my eyes open in the j/y & e-bay and see what turns up. Could be worth a shot I guess.

Daytime look:

P5250001.JPG

Nighttime look:

P5250004.JPG

Yeah, thats how she looks. Pretty bland if you ask me. Like I said above, the one in this 99 GT had a little LCD screen, which is what I want to swap in there now...lol.

I wish my DIC was like you guys DIC's...er...

Anyway...I think I may have just found something...e-bay rocks.

I seriously wonder what the chances are of a direct bolt in. Fuck, like Ross said, they are different...

hahahaha this is a very odd topic if you ask me...anyway...

DOn't go out of your way or something, I could see if I can find the wiring diagrams.

Ask on clubgp, I'm sure they have looked at their dics before. I had to play with mine a while back to fix the lights in it.

I still check mine if I have some free time later. Need to fix my cd player anyways.

:lol: Sorry but I can't stop laughing.

Okay, you're a little misunderstood. You simply have the base DIC. The nicer one was available in ALL years, 97-03. Year does not matter. They all got them. The only difference was the 1997 GTP, which wasn't equipped with the "TCS OFF" button and light. It wasn't available that year.

Huuummm....this is starting to sound better and better.

I'm really thinking that what Ross told me was a difference between a GT and a GTP. Now if only someone would reply to Dan's thread on ClubGP (where I should join I guess...) and find out.

Also Digital, you make it sound promising. Yeah, it's stupid but that base DIC is gay. And I can't have a gay DIC. :lol:

Ya you really want the premium dic! I just love touching my dic first thing when I get in the car. My dic looks really good at night too.

(ok I'll stop) :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I've read on ClubGP that people upgrading to the deluxe version had to rewire it.

Yes, what shaun said is true, both are the same for 97-03, but I'm still saying there are wiring differences. I doubt GM sent fuel economy wires to the base DIC.

Yup. Oh well, I guess forget that idea.

THen again, it would probably work all except for the fuel economy if it became too much of a PITA to wire up huh?