Good News, for me

Robby1870

So, I go to the dealership where my car is being worked on. I and they had suspected the Torque Converter was shot, something I really cant do myself. Anyway, I go there, and they tell me they think a wire is gettin pinched. B/c they had it running in park and shook the engine a little and it began to miss and shoot black smoke out the exhaust. They think some sort of wire for the fuel injectors is getting piched or maybe its bared. All of the lower half of the engine is oil soaked due to that "mysterious oil leak" talked about on this site. So, I told them to fix that problem and the wire. They said they jiggled some wires, and it ran fine around their lot, so they said they would find the problem. Anyway, Im happy, b/c I was going to be out $700 for a Torque Converter or $475 for a TC soleniod (if thats how you spell it). Wow, Im really relieved.

and the hourly rate for this hide and seek problem is what??

i still have some electrical issues but at 50 bux an hour i opted to bail on the shop trying to find and fix the problem.

no power locks, no interior lights, no trunk light, no under hood light, no power mirrors, no map lights, no cig lighter. all on the same circuit so it could be any of it.

so before you go getting all excited ya might wanna know how much this find and seek might cost.

Monty

no power locks, no interior lights, no trunk light, no under hood light, no power mirrors, no map lights, no cig lighter. all on the same circuit so it could be any of it.

I got the "no instrument light" problem going on. I think that its just a bad connection, since they turn on sometimes.

well, its 58 bucks an hour, the car is finished, but the paper work is not, so I dont have it, Im pissed. Total, to fix the wire, revamp the TB, reprogram the MAT, it will be like 300 dollars most of it on the guess and check method. But, I have no time, Im at college, its colder than hell and I dont have the tools availble here, so to me, its all i can do. If I was at home, it would be different completely. But 300 is not 700 like it was going to be.